ITA's Talk Gets FCC's Attention
- Pentagon, states may present opposition for wireless. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p30
Presents a look at pending bills and other legislation that the United States wireless industry will try to position for congressional approval in 2000. Include E911 issues; Accounting requirements; Election politics; Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reform; Bankruptcies.
- Plan brewing to auction private wireless spectrum. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p9
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) deliberation of a proposed rule concerning auctions of private wireless spectrum. FCC's plans of implementing the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, a ruling which expanded the commission's auction authority by saying it will award...
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p43
Opinion. Comments on the decision taken by the United States Court of Appeals to stay the proxy pricing rules for interconnection rates. Setback created for the wireless industry; View that the Federal Communications Commission overstepped its bounds in setting national pricing rules for...
- FCC to release report for public comment on wireless regulation. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;10/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p16
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communication Commission will release a report for public comment on wireless regulations in the month of November 2002. Recommendations made by commission's Spectrum Policy Task Force on wireless regulations; Differences between wireless industry lobbyists and...
- Facilitating the use of Microwave for Wireless Backhaul and Other Uses and Providing Additional Flexibility To Broadcast Auxiliary Service and Operational Fixed Microwave Licensees. Scinto, Blaise A. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/25/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 206, p65970
Corrections to articles on U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) final regulations on the usage of microwave for wireless backhaul and other uses that were published in the September 27, 2011 issue are presented.
- Wireless Location Service To Miss First Deadlines. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the failure of wireless carriers to meet the deadline for the E911 Phase 2 mandate imposed by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau of the Federal Communications Commission in the United States. Lack of commercial infrastructure and location-capable handsets; Plans of carriers...
- FCC mulls 'Wi-Fl on steroids'. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;9/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p14
The article reports on the move of technology-industry officials and lawmakers to urge the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in a bid to finalize regulations on wireless communication devices.
- CALEA Looms Over Wireless Broadband. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p12
Reports on a request made by the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Drug Enforcement Administration for the Federal Communications Commission to reiterate a past ruling that wireless push-to-talk services fall under the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement...
- McCain tacks C-block bankruptcy provision onto budget bill. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p3
Reports that United States Senate Commerce Committed Chairman John McCain got a provision included in the fiscal 1999 omnibus budget bill enabling the Federal Communications Commission to retrieve swiftly licenses of wireless telecommunication firms that declare bankruptcy. Value of the fiscal...