Starting From Scratch
- Industar celebrates Wisconsin PCS launch. // RCR;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p5
Reports that Industar Digital PCS, an independent C-block wireless carrier offering service, will introduce its services and products to business customers throughout southeastern Wisconsin on April 1, 1999.
- TeleCorp to acquire Industar. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the plan of TeleCorp PCS to acquire Industar Digital PCS.
- Packet Engines: the Smart Choice for TDM-to-Packet Networks. Lewis, Jeremy; Kalnoskas, Aimee // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p41
Describes the applications of packet engines for time-division multiplex (TDM) voice and data services features of semiconductors. Flexibility of the engines' interconnection options; Effectiveness of TDM circuit emulation.
- Recent progress in soliton transmission technology. Nakazawa, Masataka; Kubota, Hirokazu; Suzuki, Kazunori; Yamada, Eiichi; Sahara, Akio // Chaos;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3
Recent progress on time-division multiplexed (TDM) and wavelength-division multiplexed (WDM) soliton transmission is described, in which dispersion management plays an important role in increasing the power margin and the dispersion tolerance. The characteristics of the dispersion-managed...
- TDMA reaches 61 million. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the increase in the number of subscribers to time division multiple access at the end of 2000.
- TDMA Isn't Going Away. Pearson, Chris // Wireless Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 26, p45
Comments on the prospects of time division multiple access (TDMA) market. Growth of TDMA subscribers in 2000 and first quarter of 2001; Advantages of third generation (3G) technologies such as Universal Mobile Telecommunications Services; Evolution of TDMA toward 3G technologies.
- Industar to offer AGCS Roameo service. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p10
Reports that AG Communications Systems and Industar Digital PCS have signed an agreement enabling Milwaukee-based Industar to offer Roameo wireless office phone systems to its business users. Promotion of Roameo in Wisconsin.
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;04/12/99, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p12
Presents brief updates on the telecommunication industry as of April 12, 1999. Deal between Frontier Communications and NorthPoint Communications; Acquisition made by Hyperion Communications; Services launched by Industar Digital PCS.
- Affiliates not overshadowed by AT&T. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/24/99, Vol. 236 Issue 21, p64
Presents information about Industar Digital PCS, business affiliate of AT&T Corp. Coverage of their licenses; Strategies used by Industar to capture the business market; Comments from Industar President Kailas Rao.