- Marketing characteristics of Michigan hardwood products exporters. DICKERSON[a], SCOTT D.; STEVENS[a], JAMES // Forest Products Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 48 Issue 11/12, p36
Provides a study to evaluate Michigan hardwood products exporters in terms of organizational structure and management behavior with regard to exporting. How Michigan hardwood products exporters conduct international marketing; Comparison of companies' expectations of export growth to commitment...
- Amazon killed for city growth. // New Internationalist;Nov99, Issue 318, p6
Reports on Brazil as having the most intense consumption of tropical hardwood in the world as of 1999.
- A NATIONAL PROFILE OF THE U.S. HARDWOOD SAWMILL INDUSTRY. Bowe, Scott A.; Smith, Robert I.; Araman, Philip A. // Forest Products Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p25
A nationwide survey of the hardwood sawmill industry was conducted in the fall of 1999. The objectives of the survey were to generate a current demographic profile of the hardwood sawmill industry and identify the preferred information sources for the hardwood sawmill industry. These objectives...
- CLIPPINGS. // Forest Products Journal;May2002, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p8
Presents updates on the forest products industry as of May 2002. Value of a research grant awarded to North Carolina State University by the U.S. Department of Agriculture; Potential for increasing U.S. hardwood exports to Thailand; Adoption of a wildfire risk strategy by the U.S. Secretary of...
- A WAVE OF CHINESE HARDWOOD PLYWOOD. // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2006, Vol. 111 Issue 13, Special section p3
The article presents information related to the emergence of the Chinese wood product industry in the international market. Hardwood plywood manufacturing in China has slowly emerged during the past decade. Gail Overgard, Vice President, International Division of Timber Products Co., said that...
- REFERENCE WATCH. // Forest Products Journal;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 50 Issue 7/8, p9
Presents information on several reference materials for the forest products industry. Reference guides for the softwood forest products industry in North America; Guidelines for processing hardwood structural lumber for glue laminated production.
- Eucalyptus: Not such a hard choice? Richardson, Margaret // New Zealand Forest Industries;Apr2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p16
Looks on the use of eucalyptus as a source of hardwood in New Zealand. Increase in the demand for hardwoods; Challenges faced by eucalyptus mills; Adaptation of quarter-sawing for eucalyptus; End product value of eucalyptus. INSETS: Finishing up;Crunching the numbers.
- THE SUSTAINABILITY STEAL. Neilson, Tony // Inwood;Feb2010, Issue 90, p12
The article reports on the promotional campaign for a more unified global wood industry voice on the increasing pressure for assurances that wood is legal and sustainable in Australasia by Mike Snow, executive director of the American Hardwood Export Council. Snow states that steel and concrete...
- Clippings. // Forest Products Journal;Oct99, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
Presents update on the forest products industry as of October 1999. National award received by the American Forest & Paper Association; Forecasts on hardwood flooring growth; Rise in the structural insulated panel use in commercial building.