The Little Guys
- NVFC fund for volunteer firefighters. // Fire Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p56
The article reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) has established the NVFC Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund for volunteer firefighters and their families who have been impacted by Hurricane Katrina. NVFC state member fire associations in Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi...
- Smoke-Control Systems. COLEMAN, JOHN "SKIP" // Fire Engineering;Jan2010, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the level of training of U.S. fire fighters on the use of smoke-control systems in new buildings based on the survey of officials by the periodical. Fire Department of New York deputy chief Thomas Dunne says that tall and large buildings in New York City have exposed his...
- THE YEAR THAT WAS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p53
Reports on significant events and developments in the United States fire service sector. Results of screening for hepatitis C among firefighters of the Philadelphia Fire Department; Effort of the fire service and friends in Congress to advance the Firefighter Investment and Response Enhancement...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p138
Presents fire prevention equipment from fire department in the U.S. Key features of Emergency One pumper; Specifications of Sea Grave Mean Stick; Usability of KME pumper.
- THE USE OF ATMOSPHERIC MONITORS BY SUPPRESSION PERSONNEL. De Lisi, Steven M. // Fire Engineering;May2003, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the use of atmospheric monitors by fire departments. Factors to consider in using atmospheric monitors; Monitor operation; Calibration and repair; Personnel precautions; Interpretation of readings. INSET: Atmospheric Monitor Checklist.
- THE GREATEST INNOVATION IN THE FIRE SERVICE. // Fire Engineering;May2003, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p28
Explores the innovations in the fire service in the U.S. Engine-driven fire apparatus; Electronic communication; Personal protective equipment.
- Nearly $17k cut from Tupper fire dept. budget. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/13/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 88, p1
The article reports on the 17,000 dollars budget cut to the fire department of Tupper Lake Village in New York, along with the decision to acquire 25 sets of turnout gear in the 2010-2011 budgets.
- Claude VFD to host Safety Day. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/27/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p4
The article informs that Claude Volunteer Fire Department is hosting the event "Claude Safety Day," in Claude, Texas on September 21, 2012 for show casing their fire safety equipments and techniques.
- Hants develops protection clips for vehicle extrication. Barrow, Steve // Fire;Feb2015, Vol. 110 Issue 1375, p32
The article offers information on the simple soft protection clips derived from heavy duty soil pipe to be used for the vehicle extrication for fire prevention from Fire and Rescue Service of Hampshire, England.