- What are the differences between definitive, non-definitve decon. McCreedie, John // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/14/2013, p5
The article discusses two types of decon, namely, definitive and non-definitive.
- Letters To The Editor. Zielsdorf, Randy // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Apr2013, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
A letter to the editor is presented which incorporates the topics cleaning for physical appearance and use of decontaminant.
- First-ever CleanRooms Puerto Rico 2003 underway. // Caribbean Business;11/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p56
Presents information on the CleanRooms Puerto Rico 2003 conference and exhibition for users of contamination control technology in life sciences and semiconductor and microelectronics manufacturing. Administration of the event by "CleanRooms" magazine and CleanRooms Group, a division of...
- Pilot Study Comparing the Efficacy of Two Cleaning Techniques in Reducing Environmental Contamination with Cyclophosphamide. Touzin, Karine; Bussières, Jan-François; Langlois, Éric; Lefebvre, Michel; Métra, Angélique // Annals of Occupational Hygiene;Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p351
Objective: Compare the efficacy of the cleaning technique usually employed in our healthcare facility to eliminate environmental contamination with cyclophosphamide with that of the Surface SafeÂ® commercial kit. Methods: This is a three-step evaluative and comparative study involving: (i) the...
- Experiments Regarding the Chemical Decontamination of Condenser and Transformer Oils Containing Designated Compounds. Petrişor, Ion; Preda, Mircea // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2009, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p179
The paper treats the general aspects concerning the use of oils containing the designated compounds (PCB/PCT). These have been manufactured and used for the improvement of the electrical features from the condensers and transformers used for different categories of economical-social activities...
- Evaluation of energy expenditure in hazardous waste abatement workers. BELARD, JEAN-LOUIS; DOTSON, BRIAN; WASSELL, JAMES T.; LONG, DANIEL J.; WOJCIECHOWSKI, WILLIAM C. // Professional Safety;Jan99, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p33
Measures the energy expenditure associated with hazardous waste abatement tasks. Factors that increase the risk of heat stress among hazardous waste abatement workers; Protective clothing used in the study; Definition of equipment decontamination.
- Doing Away With Coolant Disposal. Salzman, Sonja // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2003, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p100
Details a series of improvements in the disposal of coolant contamination at the Engineering Science & Applications Division Weapon Materials and Manufacturing machine shop of the Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Features of the brand of coolant used at the machine...
- Mission Impossible. What Future Fukushima? ... McNeill, David; Quintana, Miguel // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;9/30/2013, p2
The article discusses efforts of Japan's government to decontaminate Fukushima Prefecture after rain and snow laced with radiation fell across the area and contaminated acres of farming land and forests. It notes that the Fukushima cleanup faces the challenge of securing sites to store...
- Applications of polymeric smart materials to environmental problems. Gray, H. Neil; Bergbreiter, David E. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Feb97 Supplement 1, Vol. 105, p55
Illustrates the applications of smart polymeric materials to hazardous waste remediation, decontamination and waste minimization. Scheme for use, recovery, and reuse of a polyethylene-bound catalyst; Emerging technologies using polymeric materials; Includes sensor coats and gels; Details of...