Colorado Springs Scales Many Peaks
- Fire/EMS Training Tips. DASKAL, BARRY S. // Fire Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses some Fire/Emergency Medical Service (EMS) training tips. It states that effective in-service EMS training is often an overlooked aspect of fire service-based EMS organizations. Details on EMS drill planning, Emergency Medical Technician and paramedic resources and...
- In EMS, It's All About Relationships. Correia, Anthony // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/6/2012, p29
The article discusses the importance of the relationships between a fire chief and members of his organization. It suggests that emergency medical services (EMS) provides its members with multiple chances to develop and build new relationships everyday. The article also mentions that studies of...
- How employers can help employees improve well being. Scheerer, Marty // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) of fire departments. According to the article, EMS of fire departments are facing several issues, including proposed fee legislation, a proposed legislation that would allow for Community Paramedics, and reimbursement issues. Another...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2009, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p140
A calendar of events for fire fighting and emergency medical services in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2010, is presented, which include the National Association of Emergency Medical Service Physicians 2010 Conference, the Surface Ice Rescue Level 1 Public Safety Dive Service, and the...
- In-Service Educational Programs for Class II Emergency Medical Technicians in New Taipei City: A Needs Assessment. Shu-Yi Kuo; Yu-Hsiu Kao; Kuan-Wu Chang // Journal of Nursing & Healthcare Research;Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p288
No abstract available.
- Fire/EMS Product News. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2007 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p1
The article features several products related to Fire/Emergency Medical Service (EMS). Task Force Tips has released dual-pressure automatic nozzles wherein users will get the maximum reach at flows up to 500 gpm. The hydraulic hose bed cover by Smeal Fire Apparatus features a storage area that...
- STUDY SUPPORTS COOPERATIVE FIRE PROTECTION IN THE WEST. Weatherford, Brian F. // Fire Management Today;Winter2002, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the cooperation of various wildland fire protection agencies in preventing wildland fires in the U.S. Mobilization of large numbers of fire engines for structure protection; Increase of Federal disaster reimbursements; Urban types of development in wildland fuels. INSETS: TYPES OF...
- Special Section: Emergency Medical Services (EMS). WILLIAMS, KENNETH A.; SULLIVAN, FRANCIS // Rhode Island Medical Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p22
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various topics including description of emergency medical services (EMS), emergency medical technicians (EMT) professional education, and practice of inter-hospital critical care transport.
- RESCUE!: EMTs on the Job. Owen, Rachel // Odyssey;Nov2002, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p12
Highlights the role of emergency medical technicians (EMT) in providing timely medical help to patients in the United States. Biological importance of oxygen supply; Advantages of helicopters to EMTs; Administration of intravenous drugs; Examples of timely medical help provided by EMTs to patients.