House Introduces Presumptive Legislation
- Dust Busters. // Modern Casting;Jun2008, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p31
The article reports on The Combustible Dust Explosion and Fire Prevention Act passed by the U.S. House of Representatives. Under the regulating standards for hazardous combustible dusts, the Occupational Safety and health Administration (OSHA) will adopt standards of the National Fire Protection...
- There ought to be a law. // American School & University;Oct2001, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p50G
Reports on the legislation in the United States that are intended to improve fire safety in campus housing. Information on the Campus Fire Safety Right-To-Know Act proposed by United States Representative Bill Pascrell; Provisions under the College Fire Prevention Act introduced by John Edwards.
- Bills support firefighters and improve fire safety. // Fire Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p40
The article reports on several legislation signed into law in Illinois in July 2010 that support firefighters and improve fire safety, including House Bills 5139, 5285, 5412, and Senate Bill 3722.
- Fire Safety Reporting Bill Reintroduced. // National On-Campus Report;7/15/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p4
Reports that supporters of a proposal to add campus fire safety reporting to the federal Campus Right to Know Act has recently reintroduced the bill to the U.S. House of Representatives. Provisions of the bill; Impact of the bill on universities and colleges if approved.
- Pascrell, King and Lautenberg introduce Campus Fire Safety Education Act of 2013. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;4/23/2013, p3
A summary is presented of the bill, the Campus Fire Safety Education Act of 2013, introduced by U.S. Representatives Bill Pascrell, Jr., Peter King, and Frank R. Lautenberg.
- Stand behind the bill! Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p4
Editorial. Focuses on United States Congressman Bill Pascrell's introduction of H.R. 4229, the `21st Century Fire and Policy Safety Act.' Provisions of the legislative bill; Impact of the bill's approval to fire service organizations; Criticisms on H.R. 4229; Commentary on the possible failure...
- What's the secret? Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the possible discussion of Congressman Bill Pascrell's proposed legislation, the 21st century Fire and Public Safety Act, for the next congressional session in the United States. Failure of the bill to gain support from the Anointed Seven fire organizations in 1997; Meeting held by...
- No time to rest. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p4
Urges firefighters to be involved in lobbying for the proposed 21st Century Fire and Public Safety Act of 1999, also known as the Pascrell Bill in the United States Congress. Fire service's proclivity toward political cannibalism; Warning against being lulled into a false sense of security;...
- Analysis of 2010 Leqislative session - Fire Safety Account. Zikmund, Nyle // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p22
The article comments on the implications to the Fire Safety Account of the 2010 Minnesota Legislative session. The governor's supplemental budget bill proposed taking all but 1 million U.S. dollars from the Fire Safety Account. Due to significant lobbying efforts, the Fire Safety Account...