Information Keeps Food Safe In: HMR Packaging
- Bento boxes shape up as anything but square. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;09/28/98, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p35
Focuses on the use of bento boxes in the food service industry in the United States. Reasons behind the increasing popularity of bento boxes within the industry; Availability of bento cookeries; Overview on menu entries contained within the compartmentalized boxes.
- PACKAGING WISELY. // BioCycle;Jun2010, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the requirement of food service businesses to look for packaging alternatives to discard food service containers starting July 1, 2010 as demanded by the City of Seattle in Washington, D.C.
- A-ha! Westra, Abbie // Fare Magazine;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p12
The article lists great ideas from various segments of the U.S. foodservice and retail industries which includes clever use for leftover rotisserie chickens, Quick Response (QR) codes for food traceability, and gas-flushed, breathable produce packaging.
- Indiana hospital offers take-home meal packages. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p18
Deals with the introduction of take-home meals for new mothers at Wabash County Hospital in Indiana. Packaging of the meal; Introduction of baskets of food for outpatients.
- The takeout challenge. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;3/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p29
The article focuses on the challenges posed by takeout orders to full-service restaurants in the U.S. Restaurateurs and chefs have been looking for ways to perfect their recipes and packaging to improve a customer's takeout eating experience. The challenge to improve takeout orders has also...
- Save Food conference gives us a lesson in how to put industry's PR on the front foot. Brooks, Josh // Packaging News;Jun2011, p16
In this article, the author discusses the impact of Interpack show's Save Food conference, arguing that most speakers were not explicitly talking about how packaging could save the world from its widely-predicted future food crisis.
- Foodservice Industry Cuts Down On Waste. // Hospitality Ireland;Aug2012, Issue 78, p10
The article reports that several sectors of the foodservice industry in Great Britain are participating in the Hospitality and Food Service Agreement, a campaign to reduce excessive food and packaging waste and increase the amount of waste that can be recycled or used for energy generation.
- PANTRY RAID. Bryant, Katherine // Restaurant Business;10/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p68
Sure, fresh seasonal ingredients and produce are driving the recent green market trends and are often the touted element of a recipe. But pantry items, like canned and bottled goods, dried products, flour, oils, sweeteners, and other staples have their advantages, too. With some staples that...
- Gastronomy: giving progress a friendly face. Lawley, Richard // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p23
The article presents the author's view regarding the application issue of nanotechnology in food processing. The author mentions that some food processing companies are not yet ready to adopt the technology and notes how they avoided the possible genetically-modified (GM) foods. The author looks...