The Importance of: Shelving Systems
- housekeeping. // Good Housekeeping;Jun2008, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p25
The article offers suggestions to organize kitchen cabinets. It is suggested that excess cleaning products should be removed from the shelves. It mentions that rags, brushes, or sponges should be allowed to dry out of sight, in a wire basket or on hooks tacked to the inside of a cabinet door. It...
- Pivoting Spice Racks. // British Woodworking;Jun2014, Issue 45, p42
The article offers information on the swivelling racks for holding spice jars in kitchen cabinets, designed by David Erlam for his family, along with photographs of the racks.
- The X Factor. MOWRY, LISA // Atlanta;Jan2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p54
The article offers information on the interior design of kitchen cabinets designed by Jennifer Schoenberger and Lisa Gabrielson, with open shelves, graphic prints and barn doors.
- Kitchen Cabinets 101. TORRES, JICKIE // Cottages & Bungalows;Sep2013, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p16
The article offers suggestions for selecting kitchen cabinets including semi-custom options, glass doors to make small kitchens look big and having custom elements like swing-out shelves in kitchen where space is less.
- Stow away clutter. // All You;8/27/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p117
The article offers tips on reducing clutter in kitchens. It suggests a multipurpose cart with two shelves, a butcher-block top and hooks. Shelves and shallow racks can be used to store cookware and pantry items. It recommends storing pots and pans behind closed doors to make the kitchen look...
- Kitchen Pantries. Lecky, Amanda // Country Living;Nov2006, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p85
The article presents suggestions related to designing of the pantry of a kitchen. Careful organization and a few personal touches would make this storage area one of the favorite features of one's house. One should show off his or her new pantry by fitting it with an eye-catching exterior door....
- Organise your pantry. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/6/2012, Vol. 63 Issue 32, p54
The article offers tips for keeping pantry clean and updated. One can empty the shelves and wipe them clean, and before putting things back, things used frequently can be set aside to be stored on the centre shelves so they are close at hand. Small racks, trays and under-shelf baskets are...
- Home modifications. // Washington Jewish Week;5/3/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 18, pB4
The article provides a checklist organized around 8 common conditions that often accompany aging and help answer the question of how well home caring is for somebody. To mitigate the problem of limited reach, the upper kitchen cabinets are 48 inches from the floor, the kitchen and closets have...
- The Low-Key, Stress-Free Organized Home. Scruby, Jennifer // Real Simple;Aug2008, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p168
The article discusses how Hilary Fox-Mills a writer and a photographer used unused and old products in decorating her home. Instead of tossing an object or a piece of furniture that seems past its prime, Hilary thinks beyond its intended use and puts it to work in an unexpected way. Hilary...