Food in Review
- MANUFACTURERS NEWS. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p102
Presents news on food manufacturers in the United States as of February 15, 2001. Interactive multimedia training program developed by Premier Foodservice Distributors of America Inc.; Prize offered to a winner of Bruce Foods Corporation's first annual Sweet Potato Pancake Mix Recipe Contest;...
- Premier selects officers for coming year at its business conference. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p80
Reports on Premier Foodservice Distributors of America's election of its officers for 1999 at the group's Business Conference held in Chicago, Illinois. Name of the elected district directors and officers.
- Premier selects officers, names Supplier of the Year. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p220
Reports on highlights of the 1999 Summer Business Conference in Chicago, Illinois of Premier Foodservice Distributors of America Inc. Annual election of officers; Citation of the firm's Supplier of the Year.
- Nugget reorganizes as Premier, continues to solicit new members. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p56
Announces the reorganization of Stockton, California-based distributor cooperative, Nugget Distributors Inc., to form Premier Foodservice Distributors of America Inc. Operations of the new entity; Major products.
- A Golden acquisition. Smith, Eric L.; Stokely, Sonja Brown // Black Enterprise;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p26
Announces that Golden Signature Foods has acquired a turkey manufacturing plant from Wampler Foods Inc. in Monroe, North Carolina. Plans for the facility; Significance of the acquisition; Remarks from chief executive, Frank Brooks.
- TOLL-FREE HOTLINE. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p132
Provides information on several food products in the United States as of June 2000. Description of the chicken breast and turkey products offered by Wampler Foods; Details on the new Tyson Specialties chicken entrees introduced by Tyson Foods; Introduction of the Bunicci Olive Oils from Bunge...
- ConAgra to acquire International Home Foods in deal worth $2.9B. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p57
Reports on agribusiness and food conglomerate ConAgra Inc.'s agreement to acquire diversified-products manufacturer International Home Foods Inc. Brands to be added to ConAgra's portfolio; Terms of the agreement.
- Changing production on the fly. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Aug97, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p129
Focuses on Wampler Foods' plant of Franconia, Pennsylvania, considered to be one of the original further processing poultry plants in the United States. When Franconia's product line expanded; Information on one of the company's ventures; Number of pounds of products processed weekly at...
- WAMPLER ISSUES 2 RECALLS FOR COOKED DELI PRODUCTS AND SHUTS SUSPECTED PLANT. // National Provisioner;Oct2002, Vol. 216 Issue 10, p76
Reports that Wampler Foods Inc. has recalled its cooked deli food products following the discovery of Literia contamination in its manufacturing facility in Pennsylvania. Batches of the products suspected of contamination; Absence of consumer casualties resulting from the recall.