For All Kinds of Holidays: Festive Fare
- Mizzou Debuts Mark Twain Market. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the renovation of the dining services department at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Features of the servery called The Mark Twain Market; Menu options of diners.
- Mizzou renovates Dobbs Hall. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the University of Missouri-Columbia's renovation of its Dobbs Dining Hall into a marketplace-type servery, to be called Dobbs Pavilion. Rotating Mexican and Asian stations; Cooked-to-order pasta bar.
- Julaine Kiehn. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan97 Special Issue The NRN Fifty, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p102
Profiles Julaine Kiehn, director of campus dining services at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri. Kiehn's achievements as dining services director; Career history; Educational background; Previous work as a teacher; Description of Kiehn's management style.
- Less Tray Dining. // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the use of smaller-than-normal trays at the University of Missouri-Columbia to reduce food waste.
- Mizzou completes Dobbs Pavilion renovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the opening of the Dobbs Pavilion dining hall at the University of Missouri in Columbia after renovation was completed.
- AVERAGES 125 DAILY: Univ.-Missouri adds to home-meal menu. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the response of the University of Missouri in Columbia to the request of students for more comfort foods with home meal replacement program in its Bingham Connection facility. Serving per day; Promotions; Packaging and product mix.
- FOOD TASTE'S NO. 1: How students rate foodservice. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the results of the survey conducted by Campus Dining Services at the University of Missouri in Columbia on how students rate food service. Significant factors in food service management; Least important factors for both retail and residential food service; Details on the results of...
- Frozen desserts: providing a perfect finish to your dining experience. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p23
Indicates the dessert station as the most challenging department of a restaurant's kitchen. Traditional hierarchy of the kitchen; Use of frozen desserts to augment the restaurant's dessert menu; Frozen desserts equipment.
- AN ONGOING LOVE AFFAIR: FOREVER CHOCOLATE. Lassen Fiss, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p58
Provides information on the popularity of chocolate desserts in the food service industry in the U.S. Popularity of chocolate treats during holidays; Range of chocolate specialties being offered by Franklin Lakes, New-Jersey-based Cosmo Farinola; Significance of the visual appeal of the dessert...