Trends drive turkey growth
- And Sales More Than Double: Univ. New Hampshire freshens kiosk. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Highlights the move of the University of New Hampshire in Durham in opening a Freshens fullservice kiosk in The Coffee Office. Its sales; Comments from John Plodzik, manager of foodservice; Its amenities; Price of smoothies.
- WITH MEAL PLAN EQUIVALENCIES: Univ. of New Hampshire jumps onto new concept. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
Reports that the University of New Hampshire in Durham has launched Jump in its Memorial Union building's food court. Kinds of foods offered; Information on the food court; Remarks from the dining director.
- An Itch for Scratch Baking. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p0
Discusses fresh-baked products offered by San Diego State University's Aztec Shop Dining Services. Description of products supplied by executive pastry chef Kurt Lechner; Volume of bread baked daily; Analysis of how much money is saved by baking in-house; Advantages of scratch baking;...
- Culinary Motherland. // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p34
The article presents a discussion by San Diego State University's Executive Chef Ahmed Shazly on his menu strategies involving Mediterranean cookery. He mentions that his cookery emphasizes Mediterranean food, particularly those from Portugal, Spain and Italy. Among the dishes mentioned by...
- Fresh Baked Ideas. // Food Management;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p41
The article discusses innovative baked goods produced at the San Diego State University Bake Shop. According to Chef Julio Armenta, the best part of his job is challenging himself in making new recipes; hence, there is a limited possibility that the university bake shop will become obsolete. It...
- Aztec Shops gets renovation go-ahead from San Diego State. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p18
Reports on San Diego State University's approval of Aztec Shops Ltd.'s plan to renovate its facilities in two university buildings. Scheduled start of construction; Factors behind the need to renovate according to Susan Wilkie; Description of the concept for the renovation.
- Guiding Stars Shines at New Hampshire. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that the University of New Hampshire in Durham has introduced the Guiding Stars rating system that analyzes recipes and rates them with stars to give customers an idea about the food they choose. Director of dining Jon Plodzik says analyzing the recipes is like a debit and...
- PIZZA IS BIGGEST DRAW: Meal counts up 40%-50% in UNH market. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase in the number of food service customers at Stillings Dining Hall of the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Renovation of the dining area; Popularity of pizza among the students; Role of the change in ambience.
- Dahlia Nardone. // FoodService Director;3/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p16
An interview with Dahlia Nardone, assistant retail manager at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, about her experiences and accomplishments in the foodservice industry is presented. Nardone says being able to actually see her employees learn from what she does is her proudest moment. She...