Ingredient Variety Key To: Healthier Salads
- The new American salad. Jacobi, Dana // Natural Health;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p80
Presents guidelines for preparing salads. Choice of salad greens and dressings.
- Power Up Your Salad. Satterwhite, Shannon Sliter // Southern Living;Mar2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p102
The article offers suggestions on how to prepare vegetable salads. In choosing green vegetables for the salad, it notes that it is best to pick ingredients whose color are deeper and brighter. Mixing a variety of colors and textures for the salad is also recommended. It offers tips on how to...
- What's the Matter With Salads. Stern, Lise // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p124
Deals with the pitfalls of making salads as a staple of a person's diet. Hidden fat and calories in Caesar salad; Recipes for two low-calorie dressings and dinner salads.
- A Little Bird Told Me. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2009, Vol. 33 Issue 205, p70
Several country recipes are presented, including the Chicken Cannelloni With RosÃ© Sauce, Salad Greens With Asiago Crisps and Creamy Italian Dressing, and Lemon Squares.
- Taking Charge of Diabetes. // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun2009, Vol. 281 Issue 3, p27
The article presents recipes for salad greens with hoisin-plum dressing, and goat cheese & garlic spread.
- Preparing salads. Weiler, Lucia; Chan, Lillian // Wellness Options;2007, Issue 31, p46
The article reports on tips for green salad preparation. A chart is presented that lists types of salad dressings including the number of calories and total fat content measured in grams. Low fat Italian dressing contains the least calories and fat grams from the samples listed.
- Greens with barbecue. // Total Health;Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p13
Presents information on a study taken from the `Journal of the National Cancer Institute' on the ability of the chlorophyll found in leafy green vegetables to reduce the absorption of dietary carcinogen from smoked meat and barbecue when eaten at the same time.
- Taking the bite out of lowfat dressings. LaBell, Fran // Prepared Foods;May96, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p109
Presents information on Versa-Pro S, an ingredient derived from whey which can help improve the quality of reduced-fat and fat-free dressings, produced by Davisco Foods International Incorporated of Le Sueur, Minnesota. Information on the calcium content of the product; Details of a study...
- Salad dressing. // Consumer Reports;May93, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p283
Rates several full-fat, low-fat and fat-free Italian salad dressings for flavor quality and nutritional value. Good Seasons Italian Mix, a full-fat salad dressing; Seven Seas Light Italian Reduced Calorie low-fat salad dressing; Wish-Bone Lite Italian Reduced Calorie fat-free salad dressing; More.