By Expanding Menus, Breakfast Items: Maximizing daypart sales
- Grid2 designs King Koil displays. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p26
Reports on retail design firm Grid2's creation of a line of emotion-charged display materials designed to highlight King Koil's Natural Response line of latex bedding. Translucent headboards; Custom-designed floor lamps; Suspended logo signs; Stretch-fabric plume.
- How now, trade dress? // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p28
Asserts the importance of a good merchandising to the success of a food service business. Examples of bad merchandising.
- FOR FOOD ON-THE-MOVE: Interactive display cases. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p78
Discusses the significance of providing food display cases in a food service operation. Benefits from display merchandising; Reason for the improvements made in display cases; Types of display cases.
- Visual feast for the eyes: What you see is what you eat. Stern, Jane; Stern, Michael // Nation's Restaurant News;12/04/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p30
Comments on the display of food ingredients by restaurants in the United States. Practice of Morton's and other steak houses; Cooking of the food before the customers; Benefit of the experience.
- How to make seed and bulb displays appealing. Boyles, Carolee Anita // Garden Center Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p41
The article presents the recommendations by Martin Roberts, president of design firm Grid 2 International, on how to make seed and bulb displays appealing. He suggests displaying seeds using a kind of chapter headings like vegetables or flowers and providing a computer kiosk where customers can...
- C-Stores of the Future. Francella, Barbara Grondin // Convenience Store News;10/6/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p150
Describes the vision of retail design firm, GRID2 International for convenience stores image in the future in the U.S. Services and products offerings of convenience stores; Relevance of convenience stores design; Effectiveness of in-store advertising; Employment of technology for efficient...
- SFM PANEL EXPLORES: How merchandising can fit in today's foodservice menus. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p16
Discusses some pointers on merchandising of foods during the regional meeting of the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM). Strategic location of displays according to Anne Gaertner, principal of Face to Face Insights Inc.; Display suggestions from Ruth Barratt, vice president of Restaurant...
- Profit From In-House Marketing. Feltenstein, Tom // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2000, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p48
Suggests zone merchandising, a neighborhood marketing strategy, for the food service industry. Discussion on the advantages of local marketing; Features of zone merchandising; Sales opportunities within the merchandising zone of a restaurant.
- National Egg Month. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p108
May 2003 is National Egg Month, which affords foodservice operators 30 days of money-making opportunities. The American Egg Board is offering a complimentary set of merchandising materials.