Up Ahead: Older, repeat prisoners add infrastructure
- Nation's prison population. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the prison population figures released by the United States Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics as of December 31, 1998. Average annual growth in prison population; States with highest incarceration rates.
- MarketCapsule: More `Repeat Customers' Behind Bars. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1
Presents data on prisoners from the United States Bureau of Justice Statistics as of October 1999. Percentage of inmates for the next five years; Number of prisons the Federal system plans to build; Overall average of incoming prisoners a week.
- Federal Prison Population Increases. Klug, Elizabeth A. // Corrections Today;Jun2002, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on a report by the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics on the population of inmates in U.S. prisons as of June 2002. Increase in the population in state prisons; Population of prisoners in federal prisons; Effect of the population increase on federal and state prison systems.
- U.S. inmate population nears 950,000 in 1993. // Corrections Today;Jul94, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the increase in inmate population in the United States in 1993. Statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics; Incarceration rate for inmates; State with the largest number of inmates; Factors behind increase in inmate population.
- LOOKING UP: NEW FOR '02. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
Presents various news important to foodservice operators as of January 15, 2002. Foodservice operators' optimism about the prospects for growth in 2002; Additional features of the 'FoodService Director' magazine.
- The '99 Menu. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p40
Opinion. Provides an overview on industry news and trend features that will be presented on the pages of `FoodService Director' magazine in 1999. Expansion of calendar and research efforts; Menu development; Emerging business opportunities; Monthly report on vegetarian menu and marketing idea;...
- Population Boom in Prison. Wagner, Cynthia G. // Futurist;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on a report of the United States Bureau of Justice Statistics on the growth of prison population from 1990-1998. Statistics on adult inmates; Population of female inmates; Factors that contributed to the increase in prison population.
- Corrections. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;May2007, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p19
The article offers information on "Medical Problems of Jail Inmates," a U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics report, which provides findings on prisoners who reported a current medical problem, a physical or mental impairment, or an injury since admission based on data from the 2002 Survey of...
- More than 1 mil. in U.S. prisons; more Blacks locked up than Whites. // Jet;11/14/94, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p18
Reveals that the number of Black prisoners outdistanced the number of Whites in the United States. Figures from the Bureau of Justice Statistics; States with the most number of Black prison inmates; Common causes of imprisonment.