In Schools: Catering to schoolkids
- Schools: Most operate food-only outlets today. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p98
Focuses on the establishment of convenience stores at schools in the United States. Establishment of Reality Check stores in Duval County, Florida; How sales are built; Other school districts which have established convenience stores.
- CONVENIENCE STORES & MINI MARTS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p79
A list of the top convenience stores and mini-marts in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked by number of area locations is presented, including 7-Eleven, Terrible Herbst and Rebel.
- Convenience stores get fresh. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p18A
Focuses on the convenience store industry in the United States in 1995. Concepts; Sales; Industry trends; Market composition; Comments from industry executives.
- C-store sales, profits rise. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p44
Reports on the financial performance of convenience stores in the United States in 1997. Increase in sales; Growth in revenues; Pre-tax profits; Top four categories by industry gross-margin dollars.
- Satisfying the need to have it now. Liebeck, Laura // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p75
Reports on the operations of convenience-oriented stores in the United States. Includes the financial services offered at 7-Eleven stores; Wal-Mart's introduction of pay-at-the-pump gas stations; CVS's offer of a toll-free phone number for customers to get information about their medication;...
- Untitled. Smith, Don // National Petroleum News;Oct93, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p3
Editorial. Presents ideas and tips from the National Association of Convenience Stores convention in San Francisco, California regarding management of convenience stores. Lessons smaller marketers can learn on how larger companies operate; Five-year plan on mandated UST upgrades; Development...
- Arco's am/pm C-stores expanding in Asia-Pacific. Emond, Mark // National Petroleum News;Oct93, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p40
Reports on Arco's expansion of its am/pm International convenience stores in the Asia-Pacific region. Entry into the Japanese market with a licensing agreement with Kyodo Oil Co.; Kyodo Oil Co.'s merger with other refiners; Licensing agreement with Yukong Ltd. in South Korea. INSETS: Japanese...
- Opportunities don't just exist, they abound. Fisher, Jim // National Petroleum News;Mar94, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the opportunities in the convenience store business. Expansion or development of markets outside the existing distribution area; Existing operations; Reduction in gasoline outlets; Independence of the industry-defined customer; Curtailed development of corporate salaried retail...
- No creative letup in c-store designs. // National Petroleum News;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the design genre called `New Generation' store of convenience stores. Design consultant Jim Mitchell as originator; Stores that subscribe to the design genre; Features.