In College & Universities: Location key to convenience
- AT U/WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER: `Down Under' facelift increases cash sales 93%. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the reopening of Down Under restaurant at the University of Wisconsin in Whitewater. Increase in the daily sales of the restaurant; Key to the success of the restaurant; Details on the renovation done at Down Under.
- Sales Set to Hit $450,000: Univ. of Wisconsin launches brand trio for fall semester. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the three food brands to be introduced at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater during the fall 1999 semester. Pepe's Wonderful Mexican Food; Mrs. Rich's Bakery; Schwan's Stone Willy's.
- Vanderbilt's Mega C-Store. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p16
Features the Varsity Beach--A Munchi Mart, a late-night convenience store with mini foodcourt and a coffeehouse at the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Schedule of operations; Number of customers daily; Late-night snacking options; Food and non-food items; Prices of items;...
- WITH NESCAFE BRAND FORMAT: UC-IRVINE TO OPEN 'DIGITAL ARTS' CAFE. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p5
Announces that the University of California in Irvine will open a digital arts cafeteria in October 2000, the first Nescafe branded unit on campus. Description of the cafeteria; Foods to be offered.
- UNDER NEW ARAMARK CONTRACT: UC-IRVINE FACILITY OPEN. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the reopening of the Brandywine Dining Hall in University of California-Irvine in 2001. Reason for the reopening; Features of the facility; Services at the dining hall.
- Computer Maps Campus Eating Trends: UCal/Irvine customizes vending to match customers. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p40
Reveals that the University of California at Irvine is revamping its food vending program by using demographic information to match offerings closely to customers. Details on the plan; Explanations from Alan Moloney, food service director at the university; Specifications being considered by...
- Vanderbilt University unveils 2 avenues marketplace. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Vanderbilt courts college students with `Two Avenues' dining facility. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p45
Features the food court-type dining facility at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Student expenditures in the multiunit eatery during the first ten days of the semester; Responding to changes in students' taste profiles.
- Generating repeat business. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the approach of Vanderbilt University's foodservice department in Nashville, Tennessee, to generate repeat business. Promotion of a food outlet; Partnership of the department with a manufacturer.