On Meat, Poultry, Fruit & Veg.: Food industry demands wider use of irradiation
- Food processors' group urges FDA to act on irradiation issue. // Westchester County Business Journal;09/22/97, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p13
Reports that the National Food Processors Association (NFPA) urges the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to permit the irradiation of red meat. Irradiation as a proven technology for the safety of food supply; Need for FDA to publish a final rule permitting the use of irradiation to treat...
- Fruit juice pasteurization talks put squeeze on FDA. Carlson, Gordon // Dairy Foods;Feb97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the National Food Processors Association's (NFPA) call for the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to address safety concerns related to `fresh' juices. NFPA's claim that juice ingredients should receive heat pasteurization or an equivalent process to assure safety.
- Cool food... // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the comparison of frozen produce and fresh fruits and vegetables by the American Frozen Food Institute, the National Food Processors Association, and the United States Food and Drug Administration. Loss of nutrients by fresh fruits and vegetables as they age; Overall goal.
- The 41 degree substandard? Bielski, Lauren // Restaurant Business;06/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the National Restaurant Association's concern about the restaurant industry's readiness for the US Food & Drug Administration code requiring food to be cooled to 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below before putting it on the grill or getting it garnished. Problems with the refrigeration...
- Flash Mob Fights Fat. // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2011, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the efforts of the U.S. National Restaurant Association (NRA) to make the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) final rule on calorie counts be more real-world friendly while allowing time extension for dining establishments to implement the said policy.
- What's (really) on the menu? Hughes, Paul // Entrepreneur;Feb1994, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p174
Reports on the effect of the Food and Drug Administration's Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 on restaurants. Protests made by the National Restaurant Association; Regulations on nutritional claims.
- NRA Ed. Foundation, FDA win Hammer Award. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p65
Reports on the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association and the US Food and Drug Administration's State Training Branch's receipt of American Vice President Al Gore's Hammer Award for 1996. Thrust of the award.
- Industry balks at FDA HACCP plan. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the National Restaurant Association's criticism on the United States Food & Drug Administration's plan for a pilot program aimed at determining how Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points food safety techniques can be applied in the food service industry.
- NEW ANTITERRORISM GUIDANCE: FDA calls on foodservice to beef up security measures. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued guidance urging food service establishments and other food industry segments to implement security measures to guard against a terrorist attack on the nation's food supply. Recommendations of the FDA guidelines; Opinion of the...