To 700-800 Students: Berkeley Dist. Serves Organic Snacks
- The Whole Earth School District. // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on California-based Berkeley Unified School District's plan to convert its school meal program to one serving organic food. Goal of getting students to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables; Attempt to increase participation among affluent students; Integration of food and nutrition...
- California district first to go 100% organic--and cut costs. DeChellis, Joanna // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/29/2015, p1
The article presents information on the Sausalito Marin City School District in California, which uses only fresh, organic, sustainable, non-genetically modified foods in the school's foodservice program.
- Olympia School District. Ficklen, Anne // Kiwi;Sep/Oct2007, p20
The article features the success story of the Olympia School District of Washington in implementing a nutritious lunch program. Paul Flock, supervisor of child nutrition for the said school district, shares that his number one strategy is tapping local vendors to supply them organic fruits and...
- crusading for better school lunches. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p72
The article discusses the advocacy of chef Alice Waters in promoting a healthy school lunch program for a school district in Berkeley, California. The campaign covers teaching children basic nutrition issues and providing them with organic food. She also suggests that schools should remove...
- WV school dist. pilots monthly charge for meals. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
Presents information on the implementation of programs by the Kawanah County School District, Charleston, West Virginia which is expected to charge persons for meals obtained. Reasons for the implementation of the programs; When the program was launched; Status of the district sales for 1997 in...
- Listening to student feedback. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p42
Presents information on the enhancements being made to the food service operations at Capistrano Unified School District in San Juan Capistrano, California, highlighting a survey which was conducted to determine how students rate the food quality at the schools. Amount of students which attend...
- Schools Pledge to Serve GrassFed Beef to Kids. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that 11 school districts in the U.S. have committed to serve grass-fed beef for a day in October 2010, according to School Food FOCUS.
- North Carolina Puts Lunch Debtors on a Diet. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;04/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p7
No abstract available.
- Are you ready for the 'journey'? McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/ 1/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p6A
The author discusses the Summer Lunch Program of Burnet Consolidated School District (CISD) lunch program at Burnet Middle School in Texas.