Plus C-Store, Concessions: HS Debuts 8-Station Foodcourt
- Southridge GSA, Uganda Club to Hold "Respect Humanity" Rally. Prado, Ryan J. // Just Out;1/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that students at Southridge High School will hold the Respect Humanity March and Rally on January 23, 2010 in Beaverton, Oregon. The rally is organized by Chelsea Pfeifer, co-president of the school's Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) along Seta Kavianian and Morgan Woods. It...
- Props for the Project. Cuti, Jaymee R. // Just Out;1/19/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15
The article announces the launch of the theatrical production "The Laramie Project," at Southridge High School in Oregon which revolves around cultural attitudes toward sexuality and hate crime. Wade Willis is theater arts director for the production and has been honored with a diversity award...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.
- Stay in line, and no honking. Coeyman, Marjore // Restaurant Business;11/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the popularity of a hamburger drive-through operating in a public high school in Bryan, Texas. Drive-throughs as an opportunity to capture the high school student market; Success of the breakfast service; Attractiveness of the idea to campuses with open-school policy.
- Cafeteria facelift rejuvenates sales at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. high school. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
No abstract available.
- A veggie is a terrible thing to waste. // Food Management;Feb98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p12
Presents a chart showing the percentage of food wasted in schools according to a report by the Government Accounting Office. Cooked vegetables as the item most often left uneaten; Milk served to students as the least wasted item in school foodservice.
- Celebrating 70 years of excellence...a look back. // American School & University;Oct97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p10
Presents a quote taken from the 1928-1929 issue of `American School & University' journal. Inclusion of cafeterias in high school buildings.