Something to Prove to Customers: Vegetarian station opens as part of hosp. wellness
- On the ropes. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;06/28/99, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p30
Covers the False Claims Act and anti-kickback laws in the United States. Case of Simi Valley Community Hospital in California; Charges against the hospital; Prime motivators for the hospital to settle the case; Revision of the federal Medicare and Medicaid anti-kickback laws in 1987; How...
- Easing Preparation Pressures: Cornell answers vegans' pleas. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
Announces the opening of the vegan station called Mangia Verde at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Comments from Ward Ganger, general manager, and Eileen Hughes, executive chef; Entrees offered; Approximate portions of sushi sold per day.
- Meatless in Dallas. L.D., Johnson, // Restaurant Business;09/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p80
Reports that Mexican cuisine restaurant La Valentina de Mexico in Dallas, Texas has decided to offer more vegetarian choices due to demand. Names of vegetarian menus; Prices; Name of chef.
- Vegetarians' restaurant row. Billue, Zana // Black Enterprise;Feb97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p216
Presents a list of restaurants for client dining in key business cities that cater to a vegetarian clientele. Includes Atlanta's Cafe Sunflower; Charlie Trotter's in Chicago; Chowpatti Vegetarian in Arlington Heights.
- Vegan haven with an Asian flair. O'Connor, Amy // Vegetarian Times;Sep95, Issue 217, p98
Evaluates the Ming Dynasty Restaurant in Charlottesville, Virginia. Extensive menu of vegan and vegetarian dishes; Appetizers; Soups; Meatless main dishes.
- Meatless in New Orleans? Sounds strange, but it's true. Burton, Terri // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/24/95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the emerging demand for more vegetarian and low-fat entrees in restaurants in New Orleans, Louisiana. Opening of vegetarian and vegan restaurants; Celebration of the first anniversary of Jack Sprat's Vegetarian Grill in June 1995; Business growth of the Old Dog New Trick restaurant;...
- Vegetarian eatery sprouts up on 4th Ave. Ochs, Mark // Inside Tucson Business;5/1/95, Vol. 5 Issue 5, Small Business Report p20
Presents a corporate profile of Sprouts, a vegetarian restaurant in Tucson, Arizona. Background information; Operations; Menu; Comments from general manager Ron Brown.
- Mainstream meatless. Lamalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun95, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p76
Discusses the growing popularity of vegetarian dishes among the United States restaurant-going population. List of restaurants serving vegetarian dishes; Hard Rock Cafes; Cactus Club; Shariat's. INSET: Veggie tastes (meatless lunch entrees at Stars)..
- Le Veggie restaurant caters to a health-conscious clientele. Pawsey, Tim // Chinatown News;1/18/95, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p29
States that Le Veggie restaurant in Vancouver, B.C. has a strict philosophy that sees no flesh or dairy products used in any of the more than 70 menu items. How the restaurant's name is misleading; How the feel of the room is tranquil.