With Subway, Capt. D's: AAFES Expands Brand Portfolio
- NEWS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p122
Presents news items related to food service operators in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Offer of a menu transcription service by the American Council for the Blind to restaurant operators; Opening of Captain D's food outlets in Adelphia Stadium; Appointment of the board of directors...
- Mess-hall era ending as name brands establish beachhead on military bases. King // Nation's Restaurant News;09/06/99, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p47
Reports on Captain D's Seafood Restaurants' agreement with the Army and Air Force Exchange Service to open at least three quick service theme restaurants on United States Army and Air Force bases. Details of the franchise deal; Changes in military food service.
- Hennessy winners announced. // Food Management;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p18
Presents the winners of the 46th annual Hennessy Traveler Awards, recognizing the best foodservice program in the U.S. Air Force. Edward Air Force Base of California; Dyess Air Force Base of Texas; Airman First Class Nalia Bauer, award recipient for excellence-multiple category.
- Airforce's best recognized. // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p24
Lists winners of the 1997 Hennessy Awards presented to US Air Force foodservice facilities, at the National Restaurant Association show by the Society for Foodservice Management's Dick Kresky. Includes 99 Services Squadron at the Nellis Air Force Base as Multiple Category Winner; 16 Services...
- Now: Special tables for `lite' and `heavy' foods: Feeding 4,000 cadets in 25 mins. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p62
Reports on how the 4,000 cadets of the 43-year-old United States Air Force Academy are treated to lunch at the Colorado Springs facility, for a period of 25 minutes. Details of the precision plan of how these cadets exercise the sit-down meal; Information on the clean-up plan; Allowances...
- Subway offers hospital-goers a quick and delicious meal. // Caribbean Business;10/21/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 41, pS27
The article focuses on Subway's development of special meals for hospital patients in Puerto Rico.
- Taking the extraordinary for granted. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p48
Presents a commentary on the military exchange programs in the U.S. Deployment of young militaries; Enlistment of members in the military; Experiences of the military.
- George L. Miller. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on George L. Miller, chief of Food & Beverage Operations at United States Air Force (USAF) and one of the recipients of the 2011 Silver Plate Awards in the U.S. It states his achievements including the standardization of many foodservice processes worldwide and helping in the...
- Hennessy Winner: Florida Air Force base adds buffet. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the food service team at Hurlburt Field, Florida has implemented buffet service in one of its two United States Air Force dining facilities. Changes made; Amount spent for the renovation; Use of cook-and-hold equipment.