An 800 Bed Location: DC hospital adds doctors' dining room, retail unit
- Blizzard firings threaten nurse morale. Hendren, Rebecca // HealthLeaders Magazine;May2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p13
The article comments on the firing of several nurses and employees at the Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. for failure to show up at work during blizzards and its implications for nurse morale and the hospital's liability.
- Anthrax attack gave WHC's bioterror planning chance for real-time test. Brown, Steve // AHA News;2/25/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the response of the Washington Hospital Center (WHC) to the anthrax attack in Washington, D.C. in 2001. Details of the attack; Remarks from David Lucey, director of infectious diseases at WHC; Bioterrorism plan of WHC.
- Dispense-a-scrub. Nordhaus-Bike, Anne // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the installation of vending machines to dispense medical supplies at the Washington Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Improvement in the savings of the center resulting from the machines' use; Efficiency of the machines in discouraging unauthorized use of medical supplies.
- Productivity Minus Paper. // Health Management Technology;Apr2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the adoption of a document imaging system by the patient financial services department of the Washington Hospital Center in Washington, District of Columbus. Factors which contributed to the adoption of the system; Benefits of the document management system.
- Selling health care to Latinos. Villa, Diana // Hispanic;May1998, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p64
Reports on the launch of a bilingual and bicultural advertising campaign by Washington Hospital Center in an effort to service the Hispanic community. Estimated amount of Latinos in the United States; Comments made by president of the Hospital Center, Kenneth Samet; Background information on...
- Symposium on women's health. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/17/96, Vol. 275 Issue 3, p256g
Announces the presentation of a women's health symposium by the Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. entitled `Health Care for Women in the 21st Century: Challenges Confronting Physicians,' on February 3, 1996. Registration information.
- D-I-Y deli adds speed. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the deli stations of sandwiches in the U.S. hospital food service market. Technology underlying the Made Your Way deli at the Washington (D.C.) Hospital Center; Aim of the renovation deli created at East Texas Medical Center in Jacksonville, Texas; Impact of the self-serve concept...
- Appeals court rules for employee. // Business Insurance;11/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p19
Reports that the US Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia has allowed Etim U. Aka, a disabled hospital employee, to sue his employer, Washington Hospital Center, under federal anti-discrimination law.
- DC Nurses United for Change. // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
Reports on registered nurses (RN) at the Washington Hospital Center's (WHC) creation of the independent union, Nurses United of the National Capital Region. Impact on the relationship between WHC nurses and the District of Columbia Nurses Association (DCNA); Problems faced by WHC nurses at...