Customers Number 700-800: Corning opens cafeteria OCS, catering, pantry
- An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: Corning's `First' Ever Chef Embraces Scratch-Cooking. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the implementation of from-scratch cooking at the dining services department of Corning Inc. in Corning, New York. Role of chef Joe Kilmer in the initiative; Key to cooking from scratch; Disadvantages of the method.
- FOOD UPGRADED, NOT UPSCALED: Corning cafeteria makeover boosts sales, seats, checks. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p54
Reports the renovation made to an employee cafeteria at Corning Inc. in New York. Changes to its Sullivan Park Cafe; Implications of its upgraded food and food service.
- Corning converts to self-op. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p60
Features the foodservice program at Corning Inc., a Corning, New York-based manufacturer of glass, ceramics, dishware and optical fiber. decision to self-operate the program; Expansion of cafeterias, carts and catering; Total number of daily transactions; Annual savings; Total annual sales...
- TRENDS: More units mix house, signat. brands. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p90
Reports on the increase in signature brands offered in the food service industry. Information on the foodservice operations of MetLife; Brand line-up available to MetLife employees; Food brand available in Corning, Inc.; Brand menu offered at American Family Insurance in Wisconsin.
- Bringing culinary planning to Corning's catering biz. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p120
Highlights the mission of Pat Dugan Vacca, culinary planner for Corning Culinary Services, to upgrade menus and presentation throughout the foodservice program at Corning Inc. of Corning, New York. Revamp of menus for all employee cafeterias; Improved cooking and presentation methods; Seasonal...
- Local motion. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p24
Presents an interview with several U.S. foodservice executives on local sourcing. Jim Behnke at Gwinnett Hospital System; Lance Gerry at Portage School District; Michael Sweet at Corning Inc.
- Corning screens new signage. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that the food service team at Corning Inc., has mount digital signage using liquid-crystal display (LCD) technology, putting some of its own corporations' technology to good use in the employee cafe of its world headquarters in New York. Seven LCD TV screens have become a...
- A Different World. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Interviews several corporate dining specialists regarding cost control and other food service-related issues. Patty Guist, director of associate programs and services in Humana Inc.; Amy Greenberg, senior vice president of Citigroup in New York; Michael Sweet, manager of corporate food services...
- Affordably 'Healthy.'. Cady, Stephanie // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p44
The article presents information on the Complete Nutrition Program of Corning Inc. Under the program, entrÃ©es are kept under 400 calories, under 15 grams of sugar, 1,000 milligrams of sodium, etc. Whole-grain sub rolls and low-carbohydrate wraps with less than seven grams of fat were offered...