For Profitability Know-How: Penn State Teams With Ed. Found. on New Cafe
- Penn State opens student-operated Cafe Laura. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the opening of student-operated Cafe Laura at the Penn State University's College Park campus.
- Nutrition info works. // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
Presents information on the findings of a study conducted by Pennsylvania State University researchers with regards to putting nutrition information in school cafeterias as of August 2005. Overview of the study; Remarks from Martha T. Conklin, associate professor of hospitality management at...
- HEALTHY DINING HALL DEBUTS AT PSU. // Food Management;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the transition of a campus dining hall into an all-healthy-all-the-time venue and menuing dishes at Penn State University (PSU) in University Park, Pennsylvania. While the other five dining halls maintain their traditional menu mixes, Simmons is devised to provide service...
- AFTER WINNING AWARD: Farmer's market a big hit in So. Calif. school district. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the California School Boards Association has awarded its Golden Bell Award to Santa Monica, California-based Malibu Unified School District for its farmer's market salad bar. Programs that the award recognizes; Introduction of salad bar into the classroom; Effort to encourage...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.
- Stay in line, and no honking. Coeyman, Marjore // Restaurant Business;11/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the popularity of a hamburger drive-through operating in a public high school in Bryan, Texas. Drive-throughs as an opportunity to capture the high school student market; Success of the breakfast service; Attractiveness of the idea to campuses with open-school policy.
- Cafeteria facelift rejuvenates sales at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. high school. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
No abstract available.