NRA-AHMA Parthnership: $1 mil. for hospitality training
- New youth initiatives for Labor and Education? // Vocational Education Journal;May96, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p11
Reports that the US Department of Education and Labor have fared well in President Bill Clinton's budget request for fiscal year 1997. Amount of the budgets.
- Appropriations bill in limbo. K, F.. // AHA News;7/31/95, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p3
Focuses on the outcome of a bill appropriating fiscal year 1996 funds to the Labor, Education and Health and Human Services departments. Effect of anti-abortion amendments added to the measure; Prohibition against government funding of family-planning clinics and human embryo research; Cuts in...
- House OKs appropriations. // AHA News;8/7/95, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p5
Reports that the US House of Representatives has approved on August 4, 1995 an appropriation bill for the Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education departments. Total amount of the appropriation.
- Appropriations process tough on public health. Levine, Barbara // Nation's Health;Aug95, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Highlights the Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations bill marked by the United States House of Representatives for the fiscal year 1996, in July 1995. Programs to receive major increases; Level funding for programs that had been targeted for major cuts; Programs targeted...
- PRESIDENT VETOES LABOR HHS FUNDING BILL, OVERRIDE VOTE FAILSï¿½. // NCADD Washington Report;October-December 2007, Vol. 10 Issue 10-12, p1
This article reports on the decision of U.S. President George W. Bush to veto a fiscal year 2008 funding bill for the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education because it exceeded his budget request by $10 billion. The House voted to override the veto short of needed...
- Senate Outspends President Clinton On Education. // Human Events;09/01/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 32, p27
Reports that the United States Senate approved the appropriations bill for the departments of Labor, Health and Human Services and Education on June 30, 2000. Amount of funds allocated for the bill; Reactions on the approval of the bill.
- Millions in research funding at stake in health appropriations bill. Gatty, Bob // Dermatology Times;Sep98, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the health appropriations bill that is moving through the United States (US) Congress in 1998. Amount of money appropriated for the US Departments of Labor, Education and Health and Human Services; Appropriation for the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin...
- Department of Labor budget request. // Labor Law Journal;Mar94, Vol. 45 Issue 3, Following p192
Focuses on the US Department of Labor's 1995 budget request. Efforts to promote employment; Comparison with the 1994 budget; Comments from Secretary of Labor Robert Reich.
- DOL requests funding for reinvention. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jun94, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p125
Highlights the Department of Labor's issuance of its budget request for the 1995 fiscal year. Reinvention fund; Funding of cost-savings projects; Feedback from Secretary of Labor Robert Reich.