New Yorker Gets National Award
- CONGRATULATIONS. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, pA18
Lists several people in the U.S. who won awards for various achievements as of December 2002. Person who became the Hero of September 11th, 2001; Awards for the Federal employees of the year.
- MMS Awards $10.6 Million to Louisiana for Coastal Restoration. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;2/9/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p2
The article announces the $10.6 million grant to the state of Louisiana through the Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP), awarded by the Minerals Management Service (MMS) in February 2009.
- Ghana Achievers Awards. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p63
Reports that the London, England-based Ghana Professional Achievers (GPA) Awards is asking for nominations for 2003. Eligibility criteria of the awards; Award categories; Categories of awards introduced in 2003.
- Other prizes and awards. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p174
Discusses various prizes and awards. Nobel Prizes, named for Alfred B. Nobel (1833-1896), given to people who have done something important for humankind; Pulitzer Prizes, named for Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911), given for writing and music; Spingarn Medal, established by Joel Elias Spingarn of...
- Spain scores at Cannes. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;6/29/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p1
Reports that Spain carried off the top prize at the International Advertising Film Festival with a commercial that wouldn't make it past United States network censors. United States got 3 of 27 Gold Lions awarded; No rival over Grand Prix candidates; Details of the winners.
- NOVA award winners focus on community-health goals. Larson, Laurie // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p51
Presents the winners of the 1996 NOVA awards. Includes the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association; John C. Lincoln Hospital and Health Center; Hutzel Hospital and the Detroit Medical Center.
- Mile-high visitors center planned. Linn, C. // Architectural Record;May1992, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p22
Announces that Norwegian student Einar Jarmund won the design contest for the Washington Pass Visitors Center in North Casades National Park. Construction may begin in 1993.
- Winners. // Architectural Record;Jul1993, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p27
Features architecture-related awards given. American Academy of Arts and Letters architecture award to Frank Israel, and its Brunner Prize to Rafael Moneo; North Dakota State teachers Don C. Faulkner and Jim W. Nelson and Larry Carcoana as the winners of the redesign contest of Cabrini...
- Awards. // Automotive Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p20
Identifies the winners of the State of Indiana Quality Improvement award and the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) new merchandising display runner-up award. Information on the companies who won the awards; Reason companies received these awards.