Trout Fishing, Anyone?
- RIFFLES & RUNS. Randolph, John // Fly Fisherman;May2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p4
Reports that the state of Montana is considering restrictions on the access of nonresident fishermen to certain blue-ribbon trout waters.
- NEW SPECIAL-REG AREAS MEAN MORE WILD TROUT. Pyne, Lawrence // Field & Stream;May2001 Collector's Guide, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p70
Reports on special regulations that have been enacted in Vermont designed to increase the size and abundance of wild trout. Rivers that are affected; Limits; Location of the sections involved.
- California's lower Owens River. Ricketts, Conrad L. // Fly Fisherman;Feb98, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p40
Features California's lower Owens River, a place which offers anglers year-round fishing of wild trout. Fishing regulations on the river; Adaptations of fishing techniques to match the flow; Insect population of the river; Location of the river.
- CATCH-AND-RELEASE. Van Vliet, John // Trout: The Complete Guide to Catching Trout with Flies, Artifici;6/ 1/2008, p70
The article focuses on catch-and-release regulations implemented on trout fishing. Conservation agencies are prompted to adopt catch-and-release regulations due to heavy fishing on some popular streams while an increasing number of fishermen are voluntarily returning most of their catch even...
- Go fishing in the city. // South Asian Post;7/4/2013, p11
The article reports that the Freshwater Fisheries Society of British Columbia has stocked the Rice Lake located in Vancouver, British Columbia, with 5,000 catchable rainbow trout fishes as part of the Fishing in the City program and program will also provide training on fishing techniques.
- Evaluation of an in situ early life stage test with cutthroat trout, Oncorhynchus clarki, for environmental monitoring -- a case study using mine effluent? Chalmers, B.; Elphick, J.; Gilron, G.; Bailey, H. // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada (IWA Publishing);2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p95
This study evaluated an in situ early life stage test using cutthroat trout for potential use in Canada's Metal Mines Effluent Regulations' Environmental Effects Monitoring (EEM) program. Current field monitoring approaches focus on either adult fish surveys or mesocosm studies, but both of...
- WINTER FISHING. Van Vliet, John // Trout: The Complete Guide to Catching Trout with Flies, Artifici;6/ 1/2008, p120
The article focuses on techniques used for trout fishing during winter. While winter fishing can be advantageous to fishers who dislike crowds, they must first check whether the stream is open since numerous streams close before the fail spawning season and only reopen in spring while others...
- FLY FISHING FOR TROUT AND SALMON. Van Vliet, John // Trout: The Complete Guide to Catching Trout with Flies, Artifici;6/ 1/2008, p74
The article offers tips for fly fishing for trout and salmon. While spinning or baitcasting are easier to learn, fly fishing is still considered a versatile and productive method for catching salmonids. This is because flies can be used to imitate many of trout's most common foods....
- Blue ridge mountain trout. Grady, Jeremy // Fly Fisherman;Sep97, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p58
Provides information on catching a trout fish by using specialized techniques. Approach and presentation; Identifying the place where the trout can be found; Factors to consider in fishing; Modifications on the use of hopper; Information on the rods, lines and leaders; Recommendations. INSET:...