First a physician
- Atteindre la centaine: William Henry Drummond. St. Pierre, Paul Matthew // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/10/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 8, p1135
The article reflects on the career and works of the Canadian poet William Henry Drummond. Drummond was known for his innovative poetry, which has authenticity and considered as a classic of Canadian literature. The works of the poet including "The Habitant and Other French-Canadian Poems,"...
- Silver through the centuries. Barnhart, Katherine // Business Mexico;Dec1993, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p12
Presents a history of silver mining in Mexico. Spanish colonial era; Technology in the 1800s; Mexican revolution; Total volume production in 1992.
- Silver city. Bierma, Paige; Salguero, Miguel // Business Mexico;Aug1998, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the city of Zacatecas found in Mexico, with focus on silver mining in the city. Information on different mines in the city; Amount of hours which indigenous miners usually work for; Details on places of interest to tourist; Description of the city.
- Silver's future not in pictures. White, Mark // Business Mexico;Feb1997, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the impact of silicon technology on Mexico's silver mining industry. Use of silicon in digital photography to store images in computer memories; Comparable cost of silver and silicon images; Recycling industry's use of silicon and its effect on silver mining industry; Technological...
- Silver glistens in two Latin nations? // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May97, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on anticipated increases in primary silver production in Latin American nations Mexico and Peru in 1997. Projected supply deficit; Expected reduction of investor stocks to below 1979-80 levels; Consolidated Nevada's completion of its $28 million plan to triple production; Consil Corp.'s...
- Markets. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Nov96, Vol. 197 Issue 11, p93
Presents the results of a study on the top five silver producing nations conducted by Silver Institute. Includes projected increase in the silver production of Mexico; Increase in the silver production of Peru and the United States; Silver production capacity of Canada.
- Silver demand exceeds mine production. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Aug96, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p65
Cites the results of the World Silver Survey 1996 which found that silver demand exceeded production and scrap, forcing the continued reduction of silver stocks. Main three silver demand sectors; Reversal in mine production due to new gold-silver mines coming on stream and the reopening of...
- GUANAJUATO: fortunes made of silver. Segovia, Rafael // UNESCO Courier;Dec2000, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p29
Highlights the town of Guanajuato, Mexico. How silver mining in the town has started; Role played by the Catholic Church in the town. INSET: MARRIED TO THE MINE.
- A modest proposal for improving recovery from gold & silver heap-leaching operations. Aplan, Frank F. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jun95, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p52WW
Presents a proposal for improving recovery of the drilling and blasting technique for gold and silver. Improvement of fracture; Improvement of permeability; Improvement of oxygen access; Equation for the leaching of gold or silver; Method of providing additional oxygen.