Proposed Alberta physician agreement sets new template
- Managed-care CMOs lead pack. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;1/28/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p12
The article reports the results of a survey of U.S. chief medical officers' (CMO) salaries. The largest annual pay raise went to CMO at managed-care organizations, whose average total compensation spiked 17 percent to $325,355 in 2006, which included a 26 percent average bonus/incentive payment,...
- VPs of quality see pay jump. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;11/14/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p20
The article reports on the results of a survey on compensation for physician-executives in the U.S. as November 14, 2005. There is an increase in median compensation for vice president of quality in 2005. The survey reflects the significance of the position of vice president for quality...
- Safety and Security through Technology. Labb, Deborah A. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
Presents an introduction to the contents of the October 2003 issue of 'Healthcare Executive' periodical. Technologies to help better decision making at bedside.
- Executive News. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p32
Reports on developments related to healthcare executives in the U.S. as of October 2003. Awarding of Albert W. Dent and Foster G. Mcgaw Student Scholarships; Applications for the Quest for Quality Prize. INSETS: AHA Accepting Applications for the Quest for Quality Prize;Information on...
- On the Move. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Presents news items related to medical care executives in the U.S. as of October 2003. Appointment of Kathleen Davis as vice president and chief nursing officer of Presbyterian Health Services; Appointment of David Dunlap as president and chief executive officer of CareAlliance Health Services.
- Connecting to Other Healthcare Executives. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on networking resources of the American College of Healthcare Executives. Leadership mentoring network; Career Management Network.
- Physician executive experts answer your medical management questions. Kirz, Howard // Physician Executive;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p47
Answers questions related to medical management issues and physician executive concerns. Query on money versus provision of quality health care; Need for a closer cooperation on the issue; Emphasis on location and organizational kind and culture in the quest for a new job.
- Role of the Physician Executive in Consumer-Driven Care. Keats, Matthew M. // Physician Executive;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the role of physician executive in consumer-driven health care in the U.S. Definition of consumer-driven health care; Features of the consumer-driven health care model; Benefits of the model.
- FROM THE SCOTTISH COUNCIL. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/21/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6634, p1481
Focuses on the developments in medical care in Scotland. Need for improvements in health care services; Imperfections in the general management; Guidelines for the appointment and the responsibilities of medical managers at subunit level.