Financial Briefs ï¿½
- Wiley Higher Ed Benefits From Digital Growth. // Educational Marketer;1/ 3/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the strong performance of college publishing company John Wiley & Sons Inc. in Hoboken, New Jersey in 2009 to 2010. It notes that the growth of the company and the industry is driven by the robust sales of digital products and services and the enrollment increase in...
- Barnes & Noble, Wiley Offer Look At Book Transitions. JAMES DETAR // Investors Business Daily;9/5/2014, p00
- Strong Q4 Growth of 15.2% Boosts U.S. College Revenue at John Wiley & Sons 3.5% in FY2006. // Educational Marketer;6/19/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc., a publishing company, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006, which ended April 30, 2006, in the U.S. The company has gained 15.2% increase in its college revenue in the country. Its total college revenue amounted to...
- Breaking Even Is Hard to Do. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p29
Focuses on the electronic publishing business of John Wiley & Sons. Financial status of the company; Number of titles that it carries; Agreement with digital services provider Innodata.
- Wiley Tab: $232 Million. // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p145
Reports on the acquisition expenditures of John Wiley in the fiscal year ended April 30, 2002. Companies acquired by John Wiley; Amount of acquisition expenditures.
- Wiley Higher Education Revenue Increases 8.6% in 9-Month Period. // Educational Marketer;3/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the 8.6% increase in the global high education revenue at John Wiley & Sons Inc. of Hoboken, New Jersey in the first nine months of fiscal 2011. It notes the about 16% of the global revenue is represented by sales of electronic books, digital content sold to institutions,...
- Wiley Partners with netLibrary, Lightning Source. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p41
Reports that, as of December, 2000, John Wiley & Sons has signed agreements with netLibrary and Lightning Source. Distribution of Wiley's frontlist titles; How netLibrary will provide digital conversion and electronic distribution, while Lightning Source will provide digital distribution...
- Wiley talks of electronic future. // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on the preparation plans of Charles Ellis, chief executive officer of John Wiley for the development of electronic publishing technology at the firm. Launching of the `Journal of Image Guided Surgery (JIGS)' on the Internet; Instructions for online access to `JIGS'; Defense of slow...
- Wiley Sees Modest Fiscal Q3 Education Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;3/26/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Hoboken, New Jersey-based global publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. for the third quarter of 2011 ended January 31, 2012. Chief executive officer (CEO) Stephen Smith reveals the company enjoyed 3.6 percent U.S. sales increase against a published...