Haights Cross' Stockholder Lawsuit
- BOTTOM LINE. Greenwood, Ross // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2004, Issue 6, p26
Explains the reasons why share investors should take a keen interest in legal actions against companies they invest in. Information on the case of Aristocrat Leisure versus former chief executive Des Randall; Appeal of International Monetary Fund (IMF) Australia to Aristocrat Leisure; Purpose...
- Planned obsolescence creates new consumers. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p37
Reports business developments in New York as of January 2004. Announcement of the 2003 annual dividend by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc.; Resignation of Timothy McEwen as executive vice president of Haights Cross Communications Inc.; Improvement of financial statement disclosures by...
- Emerson increases dividend, buys shares. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p21
The board of directors of Emerson Electric Co. has voted to increase the quarterly cash dividend from thirty-eight and one-quarter cents to thirty-eight and three-quarters cents per share of common stock payable December 10, 2001 to stockholders of record November 16, 2001. The board also...
- Rules of engagement. Lockyer, Michael // Financial Management;Sep2001, p6
Provides tips for companies when choosing a stakeholder provider. Questions to ask when considering a provider; Benefits of designating a stakeholder; Terms under the stakeholder regulations.
- Haights Cross Gains New Financing, Faces Lawsuit. // Educational Marketer;9/1/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the lawsuit field by Rowman & Littlefield against Haights Cross Communications Inc. following the suspended sales process of the defendant's Sundance/Newbridge K-12 supplemental educational publishing unit which has been negotiated to the plaintiff in the U.S.
- Publisher for sale. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;2/11/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that Haights Cross Communications Inc. is for sale in New York. The decision was made after a year marked by an investors' lawsuit over company stock shares and the resignation of its founding chief executive officer (CEO) Paul J. Quandt. The remaining operating units of...
- CORPORATION -- STAY OF DISSOLUTION PROCEEDINGS PENDING ARBITRATION. // Arbitration Journal;Sep1970, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p216
This article presents information on a court decision in a case involving arbitration, in the U.S. In this case, a holder of one-half interest in all outstanding shares of a corporation was entitled to a stay of dissolution proceedings pending the arbitration of such disputes as were properly...
- FORM: Authorization of Property Dividend to Shareholders. // Corporate Records Handbook;Jul2013, pF90
A form showing authorization of property dividend to shareholders is presented which appears in "The Corporate Records Handbook." The required information includes the names of the stockholders.
- FORM: Declaration of Accumulated Dividend to Preferred Shareholders. // Corporate Records Handbook;Jul2013, pF89
A form showing declaration of accumulated dividend to preferred shareholders is presented which appears in "The Corporate Records Handbook." The required information includes the names of the stockholders.