CTB/McGraw-Hill and Harcourt Assessment Gain State Testing Contracts in Q1
- CTB/McGraw-Hill Wins $45M Arizona Testing Contract, Replacing Harcourt Assessment. // Educational Marketer;4/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p1
K-12 test preparer CTB/McGraw-Hill in Monterey, California, last week won the $45 million, five-year statewide testing contract for Arizona. Harcourt Assessment Corp. and Riverside Publishing, the testing arm of Houghton Mifflin Co., also competed for the contract, under which CTB will begin...
- Pearson, CTB, ETS Benefit Most From $1B In Testing Contracts Awarded In 2005. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the one-billion-dollar testing contracts awarded in the U.S in 2005. The last 2005 contract was in Colorado, which last month awarded a five-year contract to CTB/McGraw-Hill to administer the state's Colorado Student Assessment Program. The only other testing firm to...
- CTB Wins Indiana K-8 Tests. // Educational Marketer;10/29/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the two-year contract awarded to CTB/McGraw-Hill to provide Indiana with summative, high-stakes assessments for students in grades 3-8. The contract is for the newly designed Indiana ISTEP+ statewide testing program for tests in language arts/reading, mathematics, science...
- CTB Unveils New Online Assessment System. // Educational Marketer;7/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p6
Announces the release of an online assessment system by academic test developer Monterey, California-based CTB/McGraw-Hill. Alignment of Web-based software with curriculum standards; Online writing assessment; Capacity for science and social studies testing.
- Error Affects Test Results In Six States. Viadero, Debra; Blair, Julie // Education Week;09/29/99, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the error on the percentile rankings of New York City, New York students who took the TerraNova tests of CTB/McGraw-Hill. States affected by the error; Why the consequences of the error were particularly serious in New York City; Purpose of the tests in Nevada.
- Test Company Apologizes for N.Y.C. Summer School Mixup. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;09/22/99, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the apology issued by testing company CTB/McGraw-Hill for the errors in the calculation of test scores of New York City, New York students. Description of the error in the calculations; Number of students sent to summer schools because of the errors; Statement issued by New York City...
- CTB and Riverside Win Formative Assessment Contracts. // Electronic Education Report;7/27/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that CTB/McGraw-Hill of Monterey, California and Riverside Publishing of Itasca, Illinois have recently won long-term district-wide formative assessment contracts in the U.S. CTB sealed a contract worth $80 million in July 2007 with New York City public schools to provide...
- CTB/McGraw-Hill ELL Test Approvals. // Educational Marketer;9/14/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p1
No abstract available.
- CTB Launches Test Preparation Tool for Classroom Use. // Educational Marketer;3/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p4
Reports on testing company Monterey, California-based CTB/McGraw-Hill's launching of a test preparation tool for classroom use. Availability of the CD-ROM-based tools; Contents of the tool; Plans to offer the tools as a component of its i-know Web-based test-scoring and reporting system for...