Hidden Valley Heaven
- US EAST COAST MAY 1989 PART 1. Manning, Gerry // Aviation News;Jan2016, p56
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of traveling from New York to Naval Air Station Patuxent River.
- Louisianian at large. Widmer, Grant; Frois, Jeanne // Louisiana Life;Autumn2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
Reports developments on the attractive places in Louisiana as of 2002. Renovation of the facilities of the Independence Stadium in Shreveport; Improvements of the telephone system and the suites of the directors in the stadium; Plans to secure the Barksdale Air Force Base.
- DEFENCE AIDS FLIERS. Chandramouli, Balaji // Business Today;1/28/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the partnership between the military council and the government of India concerning the use defense airports and airspace. The agreement aims to address the problem experienced by passengers concerning delayed flights and late arrivals by public airplanes. It was shown...
- Prowler Roost. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p78
This article highlights the electronic warfare community of Whidbey Island off Seattle, Washington state. The island is home to the Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, which was established in September 1942. It also offers information on Prowler Roost Chapter in Whidbey Island. It explains that...
- Air Mobility Command Unveils Travel Web Site. // Officer Review Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the information that can be derived by travelers at the Space Available flights of the Air Mobility Command (AMC) military travel system Web site at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois. The use of the website provides an update of the AMC Passenger Terminal contact list which...
- KEEPING POSTED. // Saturday Evening Post;2/13/1954, Vol. 226 Issue 33, p120
The article profiles the authors of the articles published in the February 13, 1954 issue of "The Saturday Evening Post." During their flight to the Thule Air Base in Greenland, Harold Martin and photographer Larry Keighleyd did make a perilous 850-mile run up to T-3. The author of the article...
- Without U.S. air base, Ecuador's Manta tries to reinvent itself for tourism. Luxner, Larry // Travel Markets Insider Magazine;Spring2010, p52
The article focuses on the tourism impact of the U.S. air base in South America that was hosted by the port city of Manta in Ecuador. It says that the U.S. air base has brought positive effect to the Colombian cocaine flights across the Pacific while providing dollars into the nation. However,...
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...