- Legal information services. // Reporter;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the year 2000 computer crisis, highlighting the effect the crisis could have on the United States Air Force. Information on the problems which can occur in the year 2000; Details on JAS software and hardware which meet the year 2000 crisis criteria; How the Air Force plans to handle...
- An Air Force VIP version of the Boeing 757... Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/26/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 17, p67
Reports that the United States Air Force's C-32 aircraft has completed year 2000 computing crisis compliance testing.
- All's well. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p6
Reports that the United States Air Force Reserve Command has experienced no or very minor computer or infrastructure problems related to the year 2000 (Y2K) glitch. Command's efforts to ensure that its system will be non-Y2K-compliant; Benefits of the Y2K preparation; Views of John Gillespie,...
- Indian head division stands up new joint program office. Chappell, Dennis; Taylor, Tony // Program Manager;May/Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p94
Presents an April 9, 1999, press release from the United States Air Force News Service, dealing with Air Force's approach to the year 2000 (Y2K) computing crisis. Celebration of its first Y2K success; Renovation of Air Force mission-critical systems.
- All in Good Time. Hayward, George // Airman;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p20
Deals with United States Air Force Space Command's Global Positioning System (GPS) constellation of satellites' Y2K compliance. Role of the GPS in the navigation accuracy of the world; Comments by 1st Lieutenant Mike Stapleton, chief of the Y2K transition team for the 2nd Space Operations...
- Year 2000. Stone, Paul // Marines;May99, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the United States Department of Defense officials' efforts to keep personnel files of the US Marine Corps and the US Air Force from the effects of the Year 2000 computer (Y2K) problem. Fielding schedules for updating software and replacing existing systems that cannot be fixed;...
- Leading Edge. // Airman;Jan2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p12
Deals with several appointed officers of the United States Air Force for 1999-2000. F. Whitten Peters, secretary of the Air Force; Carol A. Dibattiste, undersecretary of the Air Force; General Michael E. Ryan, the Air Force chief of staff.
- Leading the Big Blue Team. Butterbaugh, Eric // Airman;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p32
Presents the views of United States Air Force officials regarding military issues and plans in 2000. Secretary F. Whitten Peters; Chief of Staff Michael E. Ryan; Undersecretary of the Air Force Carol DiBattiste.
- Y2K Clock Is Ticking. Kitfield, James // Government Executive;Aug99 Special Annual Issue Top 200, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p105
Provides an overview on procurement contracts for electronics and communications equipment of the United States Department of Defense (DoD). Senate Special Committee on the Year 2000 Technology Problem's assessment of the impact of Y2K; Concern over the prospect of meltdowns at Russian nuclear...