In a `Galaxy' Far, Far Away
- Bridge Builders. Warrick, Patricia // Soldiers;Jul2000, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the assistance called for by the United States Army 814th Engineer Company from Fort Polk, Louisiana for their river-crossing exercise. Information on the assault float bridge; Capabilities of the company to build bridges; Hazards of float bridging.
- Avoiding Information Overload. Bateman III, Robert L. // Military Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p53
Offers a conceptual solution that will allow United States Army leaders to focus their efforts in designing systems and technology intended to increase operations tempo of its forces. Information on the cycle that Air Force Pilot Colonel John Boyd made; Revision of the Boyd cycle; Details on the...
- Tracking Army Waste. Baker, Karen; Cast, Mike // Soldiers;Jun99, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the role of the Hazardous Substance Management System (HSMS) of the United States Army. Major components of the HSMS program; Details on the management program and its software.
- Lewis and Clark's Expedition To the Pacific Northwest. Reardon, Mark J.; White, Charles E. // Army Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the expedition of the U.S. Army's Corps of Discovery to the Pacific northwest. Factual background of the military expeditions; Enlistment of men and the formation of barracks; Discoveries on science and geography.
- Where We Are. // Soldiers;Jan2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p38
A list of countries is presented where the U.S. Army is engaged in such operations as direct combat, humanitarian support and peacekeeping. It includes the European nations of Germany, Great Britain and Spain. It also mentions the Asian countries of the Philippines, South Korea and Indonesia, as...
- Old Traditions Die Hard: Division Reorganization. Bell Jr., Raymond E. // Military Review;Sep-Nov98, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on the proposals for reorganization of the division structure of the United States Army to meet operations other than war (OOTW) challenges. Suggestion from the book `Breaking the Phalanx,' by Douglas A. McGregor; Proposal to add a light infantry brigade to the division; Proposal for...
- A Homeland Defense Mission. Stringer, Kevin // Military Review;May/Jun2000, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p98
Points the factors which raises the importance for comprehensive homeland defense (HLD) of the United States . Limitations of the involvement of U.S. Army Reserve in HLD; Framework for classifying military operations other than war activities; Guide for identifying those that pertain HLD;...
- US Army Europe: Deployment Training and Certification. Fulcher Jr., Robert J. // Military Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p93
Outlines the six-step model adopted in the preparation of the United States Army Europe's forces for military operations other than war missions. Creation of a mission essential task list proficiency; Formation of the team; Assessment of the mission-training requirements.
- TRAINING for Peace Support Operations. Freakley, Benjamin C.; Benson, Kevin C. M. // Military Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p17
Explains the steps taken by the United States 1st Cavalry Division of the Army to prepare for and conduct major peace support operations (PSO) in Bosnia on April 16, 1998. PSO training model used by the Grey Wolf Brigade; Combat Maneuver Training Center training; Presence patrol scenario;...