Waste Not, Want Not
- Don't Let Leftovers Go to Waste. Bassett, Michael // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Feb2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the services offered by Special E, a business founded by Robert Kalt that arranges the leftovers from meetings and events and donates them to people or organizations in need. The idea of the business is to get food to places such as food banks, flower arrangement, and...
- Special E redirects leftovers from landfills. Kadleck, Chrissy // Waste News;12/24/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p16
The article presents information related to the company Special E's new model to protect environment. It is reported that the company's Rescue Squad gathered up pieces of broken balloons along the parade route on Thanksgiving Day Parade, which were later re-directed to art school and special art...
- Thumbs up for budget plans. // Marketing Event;Apr2000, p4
Reports on the response of the special events industry of Great Britain on the budgetary measures aimed to reduce the tax burden of going online and encourage investment in small businesses. Percentage of equipment investment that start-up companies would be able to write off under the measures;...
- The LOFT at Castleberry Hill. Holmes, Jacqueline // Atlanta Tribune;Nov2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p36
The article cites the Loft at Castleberry Hill, provides private events from weddings to corporate meetings since it opened in January 2008, which is named as the Best Event Spaces in Atlanta, Georgia.
- AIBTM Attracts About 1,500 Buyers. // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;6/28/2011, p1
The article discusses highlights of the inaugural AIBTM, the Americas Meetings & Events Exhibition, that was held in Baltimore, Maryland, on June 21-23, 2011. The event featured 789 exhibitors, 183 booths, 740 registered hosted buyers, 806 registered trade buyers, and 11,200 appointments. During...
- THE BRAND PRINT, DIGITAL, EVENTS. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jan2013, p9
The article offers news briefs related to the event organizing industry in Great Britain as of January 2013 on topics including hosting of the C&IT Corporate Forum, broadcasting of a television program on business plans of the top-five event agencies and re-launching of a website by the periodical.
- Who came out on top? Wood, Elizabeth // CEI Asia;Dec2014/Jan2015, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the annual "Industry Excellence in Business Events 2015" survey of the periodical "Conferences, Events and Incentives" (CIE), sustainability of business events in Asia Pacific, and...
- Your Chance to Be Fearless: Attend EventCamp February 11--13. Hall, Alison // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;1/27/2011, p1
The article features EventCamp, the fourth of a series of meetings for event professionals that will be held in Chicago, Illinois, from February 11-13, 2011. EventCamp is said to be specifically designed for event professionals seeking to incorporate technology and new media in their meetings...
- MCI Group Australia. ADDISON, DAVID // Spice;2/1/2012, Issue 1, p22
The author shares his views as director of meeting and events at MCI Australia about the events industry prospects for 2012 including greater inbound interest from Asia and India, more requirements for sustainable solutions, and more discerning clients about the facts and the ability to deliver.