Wireless 101 -- The Business Solution's More Complex
- INTELLINET 7170 IP LINK. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001 Market Place, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
Features the model 7170 IPLink, a bi-directional gateway between AES-IntelliNet Wireless Networks and other data systems. Ability of the system to transfer alarms and other information from an AES wireless network to the wired world in TCP/IP.
- Wireless Insecurity. Schwartz, Karen D. // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p67
Focuses on the security aspects of wireless technology. Concerns of U.S. government officials regarding the level of security in government agencies' wireless networks and devices; Security standards recommended by the National Security Agency wireless networks; Other organizations involved in...
- Hacked to the future. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p6
Comments on the vulnerability of wireless data services to cellular hacking. Concerns over digital cellular phone security; Significance of specific algorithms to prevent eavesdroppers from using a digital scanner to hear and capture dialed digits over the air; Accounts of global phone hacking....
- Can wireless secure high-value assets? Webb, Jay; Sereiko, Paul // Frontline Solutions;Dec2002, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p32
Focuses on the development of wireless security devices for high-value assets in the U.S. Disappearance of radio infrastructure requirement; Use of MEMS accelerometers to detect tiny deflections; List of necessary requirements for a successful implementation of wireless architectures.
- Guest Editorial. Boudriga, Noureddine; Abie, Habtamu // Journal of Networks;Sep2009, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p537
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the emerging trends of wireless technology for in-vehicle network, another on a proposed integrated security measurement architecture for mobile ad hoc networks (MANETS) and another on tracking framework...
- Security in a Mobile World. Mennel, John // Wireless Design & Development;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the significance of security on wireless Internet. Reason for hesitation of consumer to use online service; Use of security building blocks for mobile transactions; Separation of wireless zones in different areas.
- Track, Locate Tech Gains. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2001, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p62
Reports on the use wireless communications for security of the users in United States. Details the power of wireless communications; Uses of global positioning system; Goal of wire telephone companies.
- Mobile phones used for public health surveillance. Deribe, Kebede // Forced Migration Review;Oct2011, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p31
The article reports on the initiative of the Ministry of Health in Darfur and its partners to create a mobile phone-based infectious disease surveillance system.
- Can wireless be protected? Connolly, P.J.; Davis, Jessica // InfoWorld;11/13/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p46
Focuses on the security approaches used by users of wireless devices. Factors which make wireless devices more vulnerable in cyber attacks; Fine for the improper handling of patient data; Encryption technologies offered by vendors.