Video Analytics: ROI 'Sweet Spot' or Not Yet?
- Conquering Digital Marks CCTV Innovations. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on advances that are propelling the video surveillance sector of the security systems industry. Digital video systems; Emergence of smaller sized equipment; Better compressed transmission; Increased features in multiplexers and matrix switchers; Internet firms that are serving corporate...
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;3/1/2011, Issue 9, p37
The article reports that according to Frost & Sullivan research manager for commercial security Matia Grossi, more widespread adoption of fully digital video surveillance systems is being holded back by a legacy investment in analogue equipment.
- 1-2-3s of Megapixels. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p38
The article offers information on the megapixel cameras which are normally less light sensitive than a non-megapixel network camera and enable viewers to see greater details in higher resolution image, significant in identifying people and objects.
- InnoVision Taps CSO Needs, Wishes. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2007, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p38
The article presents the proceedings of the InnoVision conference on digital video analytics and security systems hosted by i3DVR. Tommy Hilfiger Canada loss prevention and corporate security manager Jean-Francois Bourgoin disclosed his wish list for an intelligent video system, including remote...
- 7 Signs it's Time to Upgrade Your Video System. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p16
Focuses on the modification of closed-circuit television (CCTV) system. Impact of security market growth on CCTV technology; Considerations in CCTV enhancement; Factors influencing preference for CCTV technology.
- Big Brother cares. Horne, Fiona Russell // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2002, p3
Comments on the Data Protection Act 1998 concerning the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems in Great Britain for security purposes. Provisions of the act regarding the privacy and respect of an individual; Factors to consider in implementing CCTV systems; Sanctions for unlawful use...
- Notes on CCTV. O'Mara, Deborah L. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the scalability of closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance systems in the United States. Digitization of traditional security; Details on remote monitoring and control of CCTV; Advantages of digital video management and scalability; Impact of scalability on dealers and end-users.
- Smart Surveillance Camera based on Pattern. Xu Yongzhe; Byungsoo Lee // International Journal of Smart Home;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p165
Many research works has done on security surveillance camera system. Most of the experiment result shows good result in lab environment but the performance is not good enough when it apply to real life application. The experiment environment of research lab is different from outside world;...
- Using security cameras to safeguard your property. Mest, C. Elliott // Hotel Management (21582122);Jul2012, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on hoteliers using security cameras to ensure safety for both their guests and the property itself.