Colombo Shopping Centre Store Installs Security Solutions
- Caught on camera. SPEARS, ALLEN // Professional Carwashing & Detailing;Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p44
The article discusses the appropriate surveillance equipment for the protection of property from theft and vandalism, especially in carwashes. It suggests that cameras must be designed to sustain constantly wet atmosphere and should be properly sealed against any moisture incursion. It also...
- ON THE MARKET. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p52
Features several electronic security systems in the United States. Details of SWM Series Spectra Compact Wall Mount from Pelco; Functionality of Alligro LTC 4300 Series phoneline video transmission system from Philips Communication & Security Systems; Description of SWC40 surveillance system...
- CCTV traps McVeigh: Multi-media surveillance advances, succeeds. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on advances in multi-media surveillance technology. Use of closed-circuit television in security applications; Computer-based surveillance technology; Use of Object Linking and Embedding; Security software; Products by different manufacturers.
- Super Bowl Spurs Face Recognition Technology. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the use of facial recognition technology for surveillance, crime detection and counter-terrorism operations in the United States. Software technology and video surveillance systems used during the Super Bowl event; Companies offering the facial recognition technology; Concern over...
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p67
A quiz concerning control panel and monitoring technology of security systems is presented.
- Illegal wiretapping is a dangerous wedge. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;12/10/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p50
The author reflects on illegal internet wiretapping in the U.S. He said that the public is concerned when AT&T allowed the National Security Agency (NSA) to do illegal internet wiretapping by collecting data on everyone. He added that such an act is nothing illegal, immoral or unethical because...
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Security &... Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Sep97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p436
Reviews the article `The Use of Electronic Book Theft Detection Systems in Libraries,' by Thomas B. Witt. Significance of the electronic theft detection systems; Security steps involved in the system.
- CCTV, surveillance & communications. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov98, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p61
Presents a directory of manufacturers of video systems, components, wired and wireless communications for the security industry. CCTV systems; Communications equipment.
- Video Technology Growth Expected to Continue. D'Aversa-Williams, Tina // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p5
Forecasts a growth in the use of video surveillance technology in security systems in the United States. Most purchased category; Role of digital and communications technology in the advancement of video surveillance; Innovations in networked video technology.