Conn. Prisons Secured with IP Surveillance
- Video Technology Growth Expected to Continue. D'Aversa-Williams, Tina // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p5
Forecasts a growth in the use of video surveillance technology in security systems in the United States. Most purchased category; Role of digital and communications technology in the advancement of video surveillance; Innovations in networked video technology.
- A Lucrative Link. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p62
The article focuses on the integration of home security with entertainment in the U.S. It discusses how end users can view surveillance camera aimed outside on their television sets or hear music when someone enters the door. The author states that the integration systems before were only for...
- High-def Better IDs Visitors. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2007, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p64
The article discusses the installation and implementation of a digital video surveillance and electronic security system at the Hendry County, Florida-based Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum of the Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida. The CoVi High Definition IP television system from CoVi Technologies Inc....
- Security cameras may be coming. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;10/30/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p1A
The article reports on the proposal of installation of security cameras in the courthouse in Young County, Texas to monitor the buildings, for surveillance and in order to keep a backup of information.
- Image Counts. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2007, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p90
This article presents an interview with Frank DeFina, president of Panasonic Systems Solutions Co. DeFina talks about the market for digital video surveillance and electronic security systems. Panasonic expands its products with capabilities such as Internet Protocol support, Digital Signal...
- It's All Coming Together. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2008, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p76
The article discusses the installation of wireless video surveillance system funded by local nonprofit Columbus Compact Corp. and deployed along East Main Street in Ohio. It is stated that the installation uses wireless mesh technology from Firetide Inc. to network surveillance cameras that...
- U.S. Electronic Security Products and Systems Demand. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p15
Compares the demand for electronic security products and systems in the United States. Alarm systems; Access control systems; Closed-circuit television; Electronic article surveillance; Contraband detection; Automotive security systems.
- I spy with my little eye. Stuart, Ryan // Cottage Life West;Fall2014, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p35
The article offers tips for cottage owners on how to choose the right security camera for their properties. Discussion of the different kinds of security cameras and their important uses in protecting cottage properties is provided. Overview of the approximate costs of installing security...
- The Political Economy of Surveillance in the (Wannabe) Global City. Clavell, Gemma Galdon // Surveillance & Society;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p523
The author discusses the need to determine the economic, social, and financial significance of surveillance measures like closed circuit television (CCTV) systems used to control incivility and crimes in Barcelona, Spain. She is critical that the 2-camera CCTV system has not helped the police in...