Putting 'First' into First Responders
- THAT'S A LOT OF PPE. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1A
Provides statistics on the number of firefighters and police personnel in the United States as of may 2003. Number of volunteer firefighters; Number of full-time workers employed at local police departments; Number of nationally-registered emergency medical technicians.
- Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Programme: working together saving lives. Flanagan, Joy // Journal of Paramedic Practice;Jun2014, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p284
No abstract available.
- Reports show stress on the increase in the public sector. Paton, Nic // Occupational Health;Jun2015, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the increased stress in the public sector in Great Britain and mentions topics such as increasing workload of ambulance workers and general practitioners, cost of employee mental ill health to the National Health Service, and support service offered by mental health...
- US&R INVOLVEMENT. // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p32
The author discusses the importance of an Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) team for localized areas. He gives several advantages to having a US&R, and poses the question whether particular fire teams participate in state or federal US&R programs. Respondents include Fire and Medic One from Gig...
- Thank you to our emergency personnel. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/23/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p2A
The article reports that fireman and paramedics including Crystal Lee, Jessi Cabrera, and Johann Haire in Kyle, Texas Stations received a basket of goodies from Chapa Middle School National Junior Honor Society in appreciation of their dedication to the community.
- Dear Reader. Fogelman, Chaim // Kosher Spirit;Winter2013, p4
The author recognizes the commitment of kosher supervisors and mashgichim in their work. The author cites various professionals who cannot or will not break from their vital and critical work, such as police personnel, emergency medical technicians, firefighters, and rescue operators. The author...
- Responders unite for traffic safety and expediency. // Fire Engineering;Feb2008, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p54
The article reports that the U.S. National Traffic Incident Management Coalition began the National Unified Goal for Traffic Incident Management, which calls for the planning, training, and practicing together of traffic emergency responders from various disciplines, including emergency medical...
- Daley yells `change' in a crowded fire house. Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;10/25/99, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p1
Reports on Illinois-based Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley's proposal to cross train Chicago Fire Department's firemen as emergency medical technicians (EMT). Background on the labor negotiations between the city government and the labor union representing the firemen; Firemen's reluctance to...
- To The Rescue: Saving Victims of Terrorist Attacks. // Poptronics;Apr2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p6
Reports on Sandia National Laboratories scientists' development of BioSimMER, a virtual reality training tool for emergency medical technicians and firefighters. Features and capabilities of BioSimMER; Suspension disbelief; Result of the first field test of the equipment.