- MENU EDGE: BARRY KAYES. Kayes, Barry // Money Marketing;3/11/2004, p38
Comments on the proposals by the Financial Services Authority to disclose the cost of financial advice for clients in Great Britain. Issues on consumerism; Defined-payment scheme; Professional fees; Investment planners.
- Old, old story. Ellis, John // Money Marketing;5/11/2006, p44
The article proposes that the customer of independent financial advisers (IFAs) in Great Britain be informed that they have the option to pay a fee and informed how much it is. The reliance on commission should be replaced by the choice to have the fee costed into the product. While this will...
- Don't make a meal of menu. Lappin, John // Money Marketing;6/7/2007, p39
The author reflects on issues related to payments for financial advisers in Great Britain. He states that the menu, alternative term for payment, has been replaced by the European Commission because it wants a Europe-wide level of disclosure. He argues that it is better to have...
- The holistic trail. Noone, Derek // Money Marketing;5/12/2005, p43
Provides some insights into the valuation of the business of independent financial advisers in Great Britain citing the levels of renewals and trail income and the value of attaching to up-front commission. Total client worth and portfolio advice; Tendency of advisers to view their business as...
- soft commissions. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p6922
A definition of the term "Soft Commissions" is presented. It refers to brokerage commissions that are rebated to an institutional customer in the form of or to pay for, research or other services.
- The Latest on Fees. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p30
No abstract available.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;12/18/2003, p21
Suggests that Great Britain-based independent financial advisers shift to a fee-based structure. Endless opportunities for rebroking and portfolio reconstruction; Guarantee of profitability with fee-based structure; Resulting 'natural client selection'; Definition of natural client selection as...
- FSA reveals TCF cost for advisers. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing;6/4/2009, p56
The article reports on the move of the Financial Services Authority to reveal the treating customers fairly (TCF) costs of advisers in Great Britain. The FSA commissioned report depicts that the cost of adviser's TCF reached Â£34 per sale and it offers some benefits to customers. The report...
- Manu does not suit all tastes. Love, Bruce // Money Marketing;3/11/2004, p30
Reports on the controversies over the pricing standards for financial advice introduced by the Great Britain Financial Services Authority. Defined-payment systems; Charging structure for financial advice.