- China and India - a Note on the Influence of Hierarchy vs. Polyarchy on Economic Growth. Keren, Michael // European Journal of Comparative Economics;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p325
This note tries to apply two versions of Sah and Stiglitz's "The Architecture of Economic Systems: Hierarchies and Polyarchies" model (S&S) to highlight some important differences between the development paths of India, the largest democracy, and China, the largest of the few remaining communist...
- India Unlikely To Overtake China By 2050. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/17/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p1
Considers the possibility that China might win the economic growth race against India by 2050. Differences between the growth models and political systems of both countries; Potential risks to Chinese economic growth; Reasons for doubting the capability of India in overtaking China in terms of...
- An economic look at China, India. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/5/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p9
The article looks at the economic growth of China and India. Despite China's rank as the world's 4th largest economy, the country faces challenges such as the growing income disparity between newly wealthy and the majority of the population, environmental damages and shortages of skilled labor....
- China's GDP is managed, India's shows incompetence, says Ruchir Sharma. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;7/18/2016, p51
The article looks at economic growth and development in China and India as of July 18, 2016, according to Ruchir Sharma, head of emerging markets equity and global macro at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
- A STUDY OF THE FINANCIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF FIRMS IN TWO RAPIDLY GROWING ECONOMIES. Penkar, Samuel; Deo, Prakash // Journal of International Business Research;Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p117
In recent years, there has been a lot of speculation as to the performance of corporations in two rapidly growing economies. Both China and India have shown rapid industrial growth for the last decade and this trend is expected to continue. However, the economies of these two countries are very...
- Can India Overtake China? Yasheng Huang; Khanna, Tarun // Future Survey;Aug2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p7
Evaluates whether India would surpass the economic success of China. Discrimination of private and individual enterprises in China; Comparison of the economic reforms in China and India; Expectations on the economic growth in India after 2030.
- Reasons why India lags far behind China. // Textile Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p14
Compares the economic development of India and China. Problems faced by India in the industrial sector; Advantages of having foreign investments in India; Top export items of China.
- When Asia Leads the World. Pagac, Karl H. // Fortune International (Europe);2/23/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p9
Presents a letter to the editor of "FORTUNE" magazine relating to a January 12, 2004 article on which projected China's and India's economic growth over the next four to five decades.
- APPAREL MARKETS OF CHINA AND INDIA SUPER CONSUMERS. Vaid, Varun // Images Business of Fashion;May2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p124
The article discusses the economic performance of China and India whose growth was enough to cushion the impact of global economic meltdown. It notes how the large population base in China and India resulted to their inclusion among the top apparel markets although India's per capital spend on...