- Foreign banks queue up to gain entry. T.E.H. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/25/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p15
Reports on the regional and international banks' growing interest in Egypt's financial markets. Impact of further change in the law in 1996; Acquisition of an existing operation as the only way for foreign banks to get into the market; Landmark deals that have been concluded since March 1999;...
- In Europe. Haddock, Fiona // Global Finance;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the fear of European banks to merge with outside banks. Refusal of ABN-AMRO to merge with other European banks; Reason behind the refusal; Status of bank mergers in Portugal; Comments from Jan Kalff, chairman at ABN-AMRO.
- Building Up, Building Out. Sweeney, Paul // Global Finance;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p145
Reports on the banking industry in Latin America. Trends in banking consolidation; ABN-AMRO's acquisition of Banco Real; Increase in prices being paid for bank properties; Information on Mexico's banking system.
- Reticent ABN Amro expected to build franchise. Burns, Nanette // American Banker;7/31/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 146, p14A
Looks into banking industry analysts' predictions that ABN Amro may be under pressure to go into acquisition mode again during the latter half of 1997. Possible acquisition targets for the company; Reason why these targets are a suitable fit for ABM Amro.
- European banks are already euro veterans. Power, Carol // American Banker;3/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 54, p1
Reports on March 20, 1998, that ABN Amro, a Dutch bank have been working on euro-related technology systems in Europe. When the bank started to work on the system and where; Comments from Eric Steeghs, executive vice president and euro information technology manager for ABN Amro in Amsterdam;...
- New banks take hold in market. Ghering, Miek // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/5/96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports that LaSalle National Bank will be opening a branch in Grand Rapids Township, Michigan during the early part of February 1996. Bank's expansion in Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa; Reasons for opening LaSalle's first Michigan office in Grand Rapids.
- ABN Amro in Kazakhstan joint venture. // American Banker;6/9/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 110, p2
Focuses on the plan of ABN Amro Bank to open a joint venture bank in Kazakhstan with equity participation from the International Finance Corporation.
- LaSalle launches Midwest lending drive. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;02/15/99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the expansion plans of Chicago, Illinois-based LaSalle National Bank in an effort to become a regional player in middle-market lending. Establishment of a network of loan offices spanning the Middle West region; Start-up capital of LaSalle's regional centers; Plans to attract...
- Alert Service from Amro Chicago Unit. // American Banker;9/19/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 180, p11
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based ABN Amro Services Inc.'s offer of multichannel alerts to the treasury management clients of its affiliate banks, including two in the Northeastern States. Services offered by the Chicago unit of ABN Amro Bank NV.