Defections at UBS
- Out Takes. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/3/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 45, pN.PAG
Reports on the appointment of Ken Moelis as head of the U.S. investment banking at UBS Warburg LLC, a stock underwriting company. Career profile of Moelis; Bankers whom Moelis recruited in the company; Ranking of the company in the U.S. common stock underwriting firms for 2001.
- UBS Hires a Top CS Investment Banker. // American Banker;11/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 225, p20
Reports on the appointment of Kenneth Moelis as managing director and co-head of investment banking for the Americas by UBS Warburg. Moelis's previous position at Credit Suisse First Boston; The lack of a firm start date.
- Moelis Charts His Own Path Through Storm. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/29/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p10
The article announces that Kenneth Moelis, owner of U.S.-based Moelis & Co., has received the Banker of the Year award from "Investment Dealers' Digest."
- Wall St.'s guaranteed profit-buster. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
Reports on UBS Warburg's recruitment of banker Kenneth Moelis. Yearly salary of Moelis; Efforts of Wall Street to keep investment bankers.
- WHISPERS. // Asset Securitization Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p1
Presents news and developments relevant to the securities market and appointment of executives compiled as of May 2003. Restructuring of the first income and investment banking groups under the Credit Suisse First Boston; Resignations and appointments; Job responsibilities of executives.
- SERVICE APPOINTMENTS. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the selection and appointment of executives at several investment banks in March 2003.
- His Counsel on Advice. Colter, Allison Bisbey // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/28/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the success of Kenneth Moelis, recipient of Investment Dealers' Digest (IDD) Banker of the Year and owner of Moelis & Co., in the U.S. In 2010, Moelis managed to double his taff and acquired hedge fund worth two billion dollars. Moelis believes that corporate revenues are...
- NAMES. // Refrigerated Transporter;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p47
Reports on career developments of executives in the trucking and transportation industry. Selection of Todd Manson as VP of aftermath sales at Webb Wheel Products; Recruitment of Fred Theil as district sales manager at Gunite Corp; Appointment of Steve Judge as technical fleet sales manager at...
- Small-cap stocks can yield big value. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p16
Interviews executive Michael Balkin of William Blair & Co. about investment banking in Chicago, Illinois. Performance of small-capitalization stocks; Association of growth investing with momentum investing; Views on business operation of local companies.