Work Still To Be Done
- Other People's Money. Flynn, John T. // New Republic;12/19/34, Vol. 81 Issue 1046, p164
Focuses on the votes for policy of limiting production and fixing prices by the directors of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Analysis of price control; Interest of business in controlling prices; Questionnaire sent out by the New York Stock Exchange to its members throughout the country to learn...
- US Chamber to Geithner: Backoff reforms for money market funds. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;11/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 125, p15
The article reports that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has called on U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to forbid his efforts to push reforms to money market funds across the finish line.
- Morning Scan: Against 'Audit the Fed'; Ex-Bankers Learn to Love the Startup Life. Todd, Sarah // Americanbanker.com;4/8/2015, p1
Wall Street Journal When bankers leave Wall Street to chase their own startup dreams, they're bound to face a lifestyle adjustment. The paper interviews several "Wall Street exiles" about the transition "from a relatively coddled life of chauffeured town cars and teams of junior staffers to days...
- 'Double Whammy' Of Soft Pricing Plus Market Woes Undermines Rate Adequacy. Geggett, Tim; Barkham, Mike // National Underwriter / P&C;11/17/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 43, p32
The article focuses on the impact of credit crisis to the global financial markets, which experiences the softening cycle, coinciding with a general downturn in the economy. The author says that such conditions exacerbate the impact of soft rates as well as increase the frequency of claims...
- Standard Life's David Tiller: Don't chase share class red herring. Tiller, David // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/19/2013, p15
The article presents the author's opinion on different share classes. According to the author, the free flow of assets between platforms meets the most basic of client expectations and results in increased competition. The author opines that a platform would seek to negotiate better terms with...
- Investors repack CASE after holiday. Lidstone, Digby // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 36, p38
Describes the capital market in Egypt. Recovery of the trading activity at the Cairo & Alexandria Stock Exchanges; Significance of the surge in market activity in August 2004; Performance of the stocks of Orascom Telecom and other companies in the stock market.
- THE BUCHAREST STOC EXCHANGE IN THE CONTEXT OF ECONOMIC CRISYS. Ilie, Răscolean; Robert, Szabo // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p766
The economy is a complex, which acts on many external factors, but internal and complex factors, depending on who can create economic balances or imbalances. An important element is capital to be managed carefully and seriously because it caused imbalances are among the worst in the economy and...
- King Kong. Gibbs, Alan // Money Marketing;2/2/2006, p62
The article examines the performance of Asian money markets for 2006. Growth is likely to remain, particularly in China and India. Inflation appears to be well contained. In general, borrowing is likewise contained, savings rates high and property prices well below their peaks of the 1990s. The...
- CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/11/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p84
The article lists chamber of commerce in New Hampshire including Androscoggin Valley Chamber of Commerce, Antrim Chamber of Commerce, and Baker Valley Chamber of Commerce.