LPs Sounding Off
- AVCAL calls for continued govt support for Innovation Investment Fund. // Australian Life Scientist;12/8/2011, p2
The Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association welcomes the government's $100m funding to the Innovation Investment Fund but calls for continued policy commitment.
- The power of venture capital. Berger, Kasimir // African Business;Jun2004, Issue 299, p37
Highlights the issues surrounding venture capital risks in Africa that were discussed during the annual conference of the African Venture Capital Association in Marrakech, Morocco in April 2004. Concept behind venture capital investments; Main elements of the various aspects of private equity...
- New PE guidelines: be on the lookout. // Super Review;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Provides a summary of the guidelines released by the Australian Venture Capital Association for valuation and disclosure of private equity instruments. Shift from a cost-based approach to a market based approach; Use of revenue multiples; Discounted cash flow approach; Industry valuation benchmarks.
- Fundraising by Australian PE Firms Suffers Freefall. // EmergingMarketsNOW;11/3/2009, p1
The article reports that fundraising by Australian private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) firms declined by 74% to 1.4 billion dollars in 2009 as compared to the previous year. According to the Australian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (AVCAL) yearbook, this decline can be...
- Private Equity and Shareholder Activism: Summary of the 2007 Annual Meeting Reports of the Royal Netherlands Economic Association. Eijffinger, Sylvester; Koedijk, Kees // De Economist (0013-063X);Mar2008, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p95
This Communication is a summary of the 2007 Annual Meeting Reports of the Royal Netherlands Economic Association. It draws a few policy conclusions in relation to private equity, hedge funds and shareholder activism in the Netherlands. This richly varied collection of the 2007 reports and...
- Sounding Off on the Plethora Of Private Equity Capital. Schwartz, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p62
The article discusses the outcome of the annual European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association's meeting held from March 14-15, 2007 in Geneva, Switzerland. The event provided limited partners from both sides of the Atlantic a forum for discussing the changes that increased pools of...
- Venture Capital 'Maturing' N.M. Market. // New Mexico Business Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p31
The article highlights the results of the inaugural survey of venture capital and private equity financing in New Mexico conducted by the New Mexico Venture Capital Association. The survey revealed that 13 New Mexico companies received $16.3 million in financing during the first half of 2006....
- Investing in India: Brave New Frontier or Same Old Story? Vaswani, Dinesh // Siliconindia;Jun2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p48
Discusses venture capital and private equity investments in India. Comparison with the U.S.; Reason why investors are interested in later stage investments; Investments in technology and life sciences.
- Research suggests private equity investments to rise. // New Media Age;11/6/2003, p8
Presents the results of research from PricewaterhouseCoopers and 3i, on investments in Europe, as of November 2003. Amount of private equity and venture capital which was invested globally in the first half of 2003; Estimated amount invested around Western Europe in the first half of 2003.