Malignant masquerade of the biliary confluence
- Mirizzi Syndrome: From Ultrasound Diagnosis to Surgery--A Case Report. Pariani, Dario; Zetti, Giorgio; Galli, Fausto; Cortese, Ferdinando // Case Reports in Surgery;2013, p1
The Mirizzi syndrome is a rare disorder that usually presents with jaundice and cholangitis; its lack of recognition in the diagnostic path could have serious consequences for the patient undergoing cholecystectomy. Here we describe the clinical case of a jaundiced patient from the ultrasound...
- Mirizzi Syndrome: Ten Years Experience from a Teaching Hospital in Riyadh. Al-Akeely, Mohammed; Alam, Mohammed; Bismar, Hayan; Khalid, Kamran; Al-Teimi, Ibrahim; Al-Dossary, Nasser // World Journal of Surgery;Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p1687
- Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma Diagnosed and Treated Early, in Prejaundice Phase. Denes, M.; Borz, Cristian; Torok, A.; Jimborean, O.; Marian, D. // Acta Medica Marisiensis;Aug2014, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p163
Hilar cholangiocarcinoma, Klatskin tumor or proximal bile duct cancer, is a tumor growing in the right hepatic duct, left hepatic duct or at their confluence. It is a relatively rare but devastating disease. The tight stricture of the biliary ducts and the development of obstructive jaundice are...
- Choledocholithiasis. S. Förster; E. Klar // Der Chirurg;Sep2008, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p881
ZusammenfassungÂ Â Die besten prÃ¤diktiven Parameter fÃ¼r das Vorliegen von Gallengangssteinen sind Cholangitis, Ikterus sowie der direkte sonographische Steinnachweis. Bei hochgradigem Verdacht auf das Vorliegen einer Choledocholithiasis ist die DurchfÃ¼hrung einer ERC (endoskopische...
- IMAGING AND ESTIMATION OF THE PROGNOSTIC FEATURES OF PRIMARY SCLEROSING CHOLANGITIS BY ULTRASONOGRAPHY AND MR CHOLANGIOGRAPHY. Oikarinen, H.; P��kk�, E.; Suramo, I.; P�iv�nsalo, M.; Tervonen, O.; Lehtola, J.; Aukee, J. // Acta Radiologica;Jul2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p403
Abstract Purpose: To evaluate the ability of US and MR cholangiography (MRC) to detect bile duct changes and prognostic signs of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) seen at endoscopic retrograde cholangiography (ERC). Material and Methods: In a prospective study, 9 patients with PSC underwent...
- The Radiology Corner. Sullivan, Kenneth P.; Clemett, Arthur R.; Ferrara, Thomas P.; Marshak, Richard H.; Lindner, Arthur E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1977, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p399
A case of gallstone obturation of the duodenal bulb is presented. The general topic of gallstone ileus is briefly discussed and a review of the reported eases of Bouveret's syndrome is presented. The radiographic criteria for diagnosis of these entities are emphasized.
- Empirically Incorrect. Schmitt, Amy; Gilden, Daniel J.; Saint, Sanjay; Moseley, Richard H. // New England Journal of Medicine;2/2/2006, Vol. 354 Issue 5, p509
The article details the case of a 46-year-old Mexican immigrant who has epigastric pain, fatigue, malaise, jaundice, weight loss, and vomiting of coffee-grounds material. Other symptoms include dark stools, light-headedness, and mild shortness of breath; however, he did not have fever, chills,...
- Quistes de colÃ©doco en adultos. Martínez-Ordaz, José Luis; Niño-Solís, Javier // Cirugia y Cirujanos;ene/feb2010, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p61
No abstract available.
- SELF ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS: Breathlessness after percutaneous biliary drainage. Patel, H.; Hindle, K. S.; Tsavellas, G.; Huang, A. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 77 Issue 914, p787
The article studies a case of a 77-year-old woman presented with painless progressive jaundice and weight loss who suffered from breathlessness after percutaneous biliary drainage. She also had generalised pruritus and was passing dark urine and pale stools. Abdominal ultrasound scan showed a...