ACETIC ACID BUYERS UPBEAT ON SECOND QUARTER
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;6/25/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 23, p30
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 2003. Supply and demand for methanol in the U.S.; Reason behind the decision of Tosoh to delay the restart of its cracker at Yokkaichi, Japan; Increase in the price of acetic acid in the U.S. and Canada.
- Acetic acid price hike foiled. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p10
Reports on the factors that influenced the attempt of acetic acid producers to increase prices in the second quarter of 2004. Demand for acetic acid production in the Far East and India; Limitation of the supplies of methanol; State of spot prices for methanol in the second quarter of 2004.
- Acetic acid. // Chemical Business;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p84
Focuses on the expected increase in the prices of acetic acid for the first quarter of 1999. Expected prices for glacial acetic acid; Drop in the prices of acetic acid in 1998; Price of imported glacial acetic acid.
- Prices of Organics Went Up. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the increasing prices of organic chemicals in the Chinese market. The methanol price increased to 2,200-2,250 renminbi per ton and 2,100-2,250 renminbi per ton from early April and mid April 2009. The acetic acid price reaches to 3,100-3,350 renminbi per ton and...
- US acetic acid buyers dismiss producer hikes. KELLEY, LANE // ICIS Chemical Business;6/3/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 19, p18
The article discusses issues surrounding the acetic acid business in the U.S. in 2013. It notes that the country's acetic acid price increases sought by producers for June triggered several sceptical responses from buyers in the industry. It highlights the decline in feedstock U.S. methanol...
- Outages fan acetic acid rise. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 457, p23
Reports on the rise in spot prices for August 2004 and contracts for second quarter of acetic acid in Asia. Reasons for the rise in prices; Information acetic acid producers that shutdown their production.
- Methanol. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, Special section p34
The article presents a profile of the chemical methanol and its derivatives formaldehyde, methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), and acetic acid. Topics include methanol supply and demand in the U.S., methanol prices, and forecasting for the methanol industry in the U.S. in light of opposition to...
- Snug acetic acid hits high. Lee, Helen; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p25
The article focuses on prices of spot acetic acid in Asia, which have reached a one year high. Some sellers claim that prices are being held up by tightness, robust demand from new downstream purified terephthalic acid (PTA) capacities in China and pent up cost pressure from elevated methanol...
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;12/22/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 49, p32
Presents news briefs related to chemical markets as of December 22, 1999. Price increase of BP Amoco Chemicals for acetic acid contracts; Decline in the demand for toluene in Asia; Forecast of the Dutch chemical producers association VNCI for chemical sales in 2000; Action taken by Korean...